Mini-Saitama (Special Chapter#3)

You dreamed of starting a family with your husband in the future even before the two of you were married.

Although you'd be happy with either a son or a daughter, it had always been a small wish of yours to have a son who'd look like a mini-Saitama, but would take his personality from you more.

Despite being married for a few years now, you were both still childless and not because you were unable to bear a child, but rather you withheld from conceiving one for the time being.

Saitama had been too focused on his training before and now on becoming a recognized hero, so for his sake you opted to stay childless. Besides, both of you were still quite young and neither were hurrying to have kids, so for now you would enjoy your married life until the right time to start a family finally arrives.

However, that didn't stop you from gazing enviously at those couples your age with children. Even those couples whom were only just expecting had a glow about them whenever you saw them while you were out.

With your thoughts otherwise preoccupied, the small hand that tugged at your pant leg had come as a surprise.

Snapping out of your reverie, you turned your and looked around for whoever the culprit was and yet you found no one.

It was with the next tug did you finally have the sense to look down and what met your eyes was something that took the breath away from your lungs.

Dark bowl-cut hair that looked as soft and fluffy as raven's feathers sat atop the head of a young child, most likely in 1st or 2nd grade considering his height, a face that looked eerily familiar to someone you knew staring back at you.

"E-E-Excuse me, miss...? C-Can you help me? I...I can't find my mommy and d-daddy..." The redness of the little boy's cheeks contrasted with the paleness of his skin and yet it made him look all the more adorable.

Bending down to his height, you placed a hand on top of his head, biting your lip to refrain from exclaiming how silky soft his dark tresses were, considering that it was the last thing he needed at the moment.

"Of course, I will! I'm (Name) (Surname) and I promise to help get you back to your parents, alright?"

The nervous expression that once encompassed the child's face melted away, replaced by gratefulness with a hint of bashfulness, probably a result being so physically close to someone he'd only just met.

"Thank you, miss. I...I'm Shigeo"

Was it possible to die from cuteness overload? Because it was almost too painful holding yourself back from smothering the poor boy in what would probably be a crushing embrace if you got your hands on him.

Children were...okay.

They could be quite annoying at times, but cute as well when they weren't making tantrums about the smallest things or generally just being brats.

Children of his own? He knew his wife wanted a little one running around the house one day and he guessed having a mini him or (Name) would surely liven up the place.

So in all honestly, he wasn't opposed to becoming a father one day.

At least, when the right time comes.

He had no specific time in mind, but he just knew that the right time will present itself to them when it does come.

Besides, having Genos around was already like having a child already. Albeit a grown one though.

What he wasn't prepared for though, is for that time to come so soon.

Saitama expected (Name) to greet him as soon as he arrived home from another busy day with a smile and a kiss and yet she was strangely absent.

"(Name)? I'm home!"

Still, no reply.

Eyebrows furrowing in confusion, the male scratched his head with pursed lips as he surveyed the perimeter of his home. Curiosity and bewilderment swam in his eyes at the absence of his wife who rarely forgot to greet him at the door.

Maybe she was taking bath or was too engrossed in writing? Either way, he tried not to think too much about it and proceeded inside the apartment.

No (Name) typing away at the living room nor anyone at the bathroom.

The hero wasn't a worrywart who was nervous whenever he couldn't see or know where his wife is, but like all good husbands he wondered where she could have possibly gone to.

"The omurice is done~!"

Releasing the breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, the yellow-clad male shook his head and made a beeline towards the kitchen once he'd heard her voice ring strong and clear amidst the silence of their home.

(Name) had probably just been so concentrated on her cooking that his arrival had gone unnoticed.

As soon as he stepped into the kitchen however, his brain froze at the sight of the tiny figure sitting next to his wife at the dining table. Their pitch-black hair and face that looked much too similar to his own sent a wave of confusion and disbelief through him.

"Oh, welcome back, Sai! I'm sorry I didn't notice that you'd already gotten home. I was cooking something for Shigeo-chan here"

Anything else she said after she introduced the boy was lost to him as his mind shut down at that very moment.

Shigeo...Shigeo was the name of his father and what he wanted to name his future son in honor of him.

A fact which he told (Name) not long after they'd gotten married and judging by the age of the child, looked to be almost as old as their marriage...

Saitama was out like a light, much to the shock and worry of the two other occupants of the kitchen.

OMAKE:

Genos wasn't so stupid or forgetful as to forget that his master and (Name) were a married couple and just as most couples did, were bound to engage in...certain activities spouses did in the confines of their room.

Why, he made sure to give them ample chances and time to spend quality time together every now and then. Especially when the former was particularly stressed that day and needed the gentle touch and soothing affection of his beloved.

So it would be of no surprise to him if (Name) were to one day announced that she was expecting.

The teenage cyborg assumed that he'd get to meet the newest member of the (Surname) household soon enough, given how often he left the two alone when needed.

He never factored in the possibility that they already had a child, seeing as they were married for several years already and were in a relationship even before that, and probably had them live somewhere else for their own safety with how monster-infested Z City was.

A factor that the blond wish he'd considered as who could only be the child of his teacher and his teacher's wife stared at him bashfully from behind the legs of said woman.

The hair, the eyes, the face. Everything about the little boy screamed that he was Caped Baldy's offspring and only an idiot wouldn't see the resemblance.

"Genos, please watch over Shigeo-chan for me while I take care of Sai, okay?"

Apparently his master had fainted as soon as he walked into the kitchen. His scan revealed that there wasn't anything particularly ailing the bald male both internally and externally.

Deeming Saitama's condition to be stable, the biomechanical male then focused his gaze upon the progeny of his two most precious people. Optics scanning the boy from head to toe and storing all the information in his memory banks.

It looks like he had another person he'd become stronger for, but first thing's first.

He was going to have to update his fanfiction and draw a new volume for his doujinshi's with little Shigeo in it.

Meanwhile, said child only ate his meal in silence. The people Ms. (Name) lived with were weird, but they seemed nice enough.

Besides, they were nice enough to let him stay here at their house and even cooked him some food while they helped look for his parents.