The First Step

"Speed-ó-Sound Sonic? Who is that? Who would possess such a redundant name? And who would even dare try to hit on (Name)-san?!"

The bald hero didn't answer Genos as he sat there, fingers interlaced with an unreadable expression on his face which worried his disciple who had just been fuming at the gall some unknown ninja wannabee had to not only flirt with his teacher's wife but think that he could win against him as well.

You on the other hand sat beside Saitama, rubbing his back slowly in circles to calm him down, figuring that he was still quite miffed over the events of earlier.

"...No one knows who I am" Muttered Saitama softly, prompting you to stop your rubbing and actually take a moment to think about his words, realizing that he was right after some careful deliberation.

Your husband had defeated so many monsters and evil organizations in the past three years and never once did he become discovered or praised for his work. Not that he was doing this for the fame, but even heroes like him wanted some form of recognition or praise here and there just to know that all his effort was appreciated.

These past three years, all Saitama had was you and while he was more than content to know that you appreciate him for all his heroics, he wanted to know or hear from the other people he saved and or protected that they were thankful. It didn't have to be something over the top or like some kind of speech like Genos would probably do, a simple 'thank you' is enough for him.

That's what you loved about him, you mused, he was always such a simple man who was way too humble and selfless for his own good.

"Sensei, are you listed in the hero registry?"

You must have been lost in your thoughts much longer than it felt, because the next thing you knew the cyborg was already pulling out his laptop and opening it a website before showing it to the both of you.

"...You may be doing plenty of hero-work, but self-proclaimed heroes are really just...weirdoes"

As he roped Genos into joining him in registering to become official heroes excitedly, or at least as much excitement as he showed towards people who weren't you, you couldn't help but let a smile cross your features while gazing at both males in amusement.

While you looked forward to Saitama becoming a professional hero and realizing his dream, something nagged at you from the inside as if your gut was telling you it was a bad idea. Though normally you might have followed your instincts, you trusted him. You trusted him enough to come back home to you despite facing so many dangers on a regular basis and even more so when he becomes a hero and gains attention, both good and bad.

Whatever happens though, you'll be sure to be with him every step of the way.