Smile

After the whole fiasco with the Deep-Sea King, life for you and your two boys quickly settled back into normality.

Despite rush of adrenaline and general excitement of hero life, you honestly preferred peaceful days like this. Walking home together after a successful day of hitting the sales at all the nearby supermarkets.

"The public send these to heroes, much like fan letters" Explained Genos as he removed the lid from the mail container that had just been dropped off by one of the Hero Association's drones.

"Seriously? Are there any for me?"

You had to bite the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from smiling too much at your husband's cuteness. Although he himself proclaims that he wasn't a hero for the fame or fortune, you knew him well enough to realize that from time to time he wanted some reassurance that he was doing something good for others and was appreciated for it.

"Look, there's one for you, Sai!" Pointing at a letter sitting at the top of the pile with his name on it, your smile reached ear to ear at the knowledge that other people acknowledged and were thankful towards Saitama.

"Oh! Let's get back home already and open them!"

His eyes shone with warmth and excitement as he grabbed the letter from the teen, pocketing it and picking up all the groceries with one hand and grabbing your own hand with the other.

Laughter escaped your lips at his enthusiasm, your daintier hand squeezing his stronger one, "Calm down, anata. Home is just around the corner and I doubt that the letter would spontaneously combust if we took our time. I promise that we'll open it as soon as we get inside, alright?"

Sometimes it felt like you were taking care of more than just one child, but you'd be lying if you said that seeing Saitama so happy was unwelcome.

His smile was something you'd always cherish.