Potential

“Fist of Flowing Water, Crushed Rock”

Despite Bang’s age, it was obvious that his skill has not waned at all despite the years. The way his whole body moved as smoothly and swiftly as water without a drop of wasted energy was a testament to the older gentleman’s unparalleled skill in martial arts.

It would do you some good if you were to learn under him, if only just to have another form of self-defense when and if your powers failed to manifest themselves in your time of need.

If only you knew someone who could teach you how to wield them...

“It goes something like that” Relaxing his stance, the man known as Silver Fang smiled good-naturedly at the two young adults and one teenager watching him, “Want to try? You look like quick learners so I bet you’ll get the hang of it in no time”

Unlike your unimpressed husband and the neutral Genos, you were more than interested in learning. However, before you could voice your willingness to try, Saitama decided to let his own thoughts be known.

“This is the cool thing you said you wanted to show us? A sales pitch? I’ll pass. You do it, Genos”

“No, I will pass too. What I seek is not the art of self-defense, but absolute destructive power”

Honestly, you loved your boys and wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world, but they really needed learn when and if it was appropriate to say what was on their mind.

With Saitama and Genos’ responses eliciting a negative reaction from the orange-haired youth that could only be Bang’s student, you took the chance to take the elder up on his offer.

“Bang-san? Is it alright if I learned martial arts from you?” As much as you trusted their capability in protecting you, always having to rely on them didn’t sit right with you, “I’ve only just realized that I have these powers and I’m not going to delude myself into thinking that I can protect people when I don’t even know where I got them, much less know how to control them...”

In all his years of living, Bang had encountered many kinds of people who wanted to learn from him. There were those who wanted to learn due to their thirst for power, for more ways to subjugate those who were weaker than them, and there were also those who did it for the sake of popularity. More often than not, the reasons he’d heard were selfish ones, only benefitting themselves in one way or another.

Involuntarily tightening your hands into fists, you lightly bit your lip as you gazed forlornly at the smooth wooden floors, “If I can’t even protect myself then how will I ever keep those I love safe?”

And in you Bang found something that he had not seen since he drove off his most prized student, Garou.

You whose only reason for wanting to learn from him was to become able enough to defend the innocent and those you loved had so much more potential to grow than his best student ever had.