Secret To Strength

He screwed up

He screwed up BIG TIME

It wasn't Friday, it was SATURDAY and that meant that it was the day of the big sale at his favorite supermarket.

He was SUPPOSED to go on his usual but highly anticipated and enjoyable grocery date with (Name), but because he was a dumbass he'd completely forgotten what day of the week it was and as such, will miss it.

There weren't many things that Saitama looked forward to these days and if he did, then it meant that it was really important to him. For example: his grocery date with you.

"I SCREWED UP!!!!!!!!!!!" The hero kept yelling as he held his head, dread washing over him at the realization.

"What is he—" Dr. Genus wasn't able to finish his train of thought as the blond cyborg suddenly came up to him, holding up a cellphone with a photo of a beautiful young woman sitting closely beside the yellow-clad man along with a flyer from a supermarket.

"I'm pretty sure he's upset about this. Sensei was supposed to go on a grocery date with his wife today"

After handing him the flyer, Genos left the battered scientist and made his way to the despairing Saitama.

"Sensei, the store closes at 10 PM. That is about four hours away. If we really hurry we can still make it back in time for you to have your date with (Name)-san"

That seemed to be enough encouragement for Saitama who immediately got up with renewed hope, "I can make it if I hurry?" If there was even the slightest chance that he can still get back to take you out then that was more than enough for him.

"Hai!"

"Let's go, Genos!"

And without any other care in the world, the two ran off to get back to Z City in time, leaving the scientist in his lonesome who could do nothing but stare at them with a stupefied expression.

"I think I'm done with evolution. Maybe I'll just find a nice girl and settle down as well..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite being able to make it back before closing time, all the items that were on sale were already sold out.

He didn't have the time to mope too much though, because he was greeted with a warm home-cooked meal and a patient you who had been waiting for him all this time to welcome him home and share the meal with him.

Your gesture was more than enough to lift his spirits and of course give Genos more fanfic ideas for the two of you.

Life was good.