She Won't Say It

There was going to be a festival tomorrow.

And you were going to ask your crush the person you admired to go with you.

.

.

.

.

As thanks for all the times he helped you and other people in the school without asking anything in return of course!

I mean, it's not as if your simple admiration for him as a person grew into something more over the time you'd observed and discovered just how selfless he truly is and how adorably awkward he could be when faced with things that aren't in his area of expertise—

"Don't think of it as a date, because it's not. You're just asking him so you can treat him as thanks. That's all" You mentally gave yourself a pep talk, trying to convince yourself that what you were about to do was far from asking someone you liked to go out with you, because it was just going to be a friendly outing.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

You purposely ignored the sarcastic voice of reason inside your head. Opting to continue encouraging yourself that you CAN and WILL be able to approach him as soon as he walks out of his classroom and ask him to go with you.

All you had to do is walk up to him, take a deep breath, look him in the eye and say—

"W-Will you go to the festival with me tomorrow, (Name)-chan?"

Of course, that was the moment wherein Saitama just had to head out of his classroom, spot you, and beat you by asking you out first...as a FRIEND that is.

Redness had quickly crawled up from his cheeks all the way to the tips of his ears, you mirroring him with your own flushed face.

Too shocked and embarrassed at the sudden development, all you could do was place your hands on your burning cheeks and nod fervently.

Saitama...just...just asked you to go with the festival and...and you said yes.

Just the thought of it sent your heart racing—BECAUSE you hoped that your grandfather wouldn't try to use talismans on him, seeing as your mother's father believed almost every new person he met was some kind of evil spirit or demon.

It would just be embarrassing if your friend were to be assaulted with a barrage of ofuda's.

That's all.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"You know that's not the case"

You once again decide to ignore that small voice inside your head.