Chapter 4 - Quitting

Jessica was in the middle of wiping the glasses dry at the counter bar. Apparently, Yoona didn’t allow Jessica to serve any food or take down orders because Jessica was not qualified to do those task yet therefore Yoona assigned Jessica to stay behind the counter bar and make drinks and such. Jessica accepted the job without any complaints, she didn’t want to lose her job.

“Princess Jessica, Can you pour two glasses of water and a jug of water for me?” Onew asked, reading what he had written on his notepad. Jessica nodded as she began her new task. Kyuhyun who was also behind the counter bar helped her out. “Princess Jessica, you can take a rest. You’ve been working for 4 hours already with no breaks.” Kyuhyun took the glass she was holding away from her. Jessica shook her head while assuring him with a smile. “ You can really cut off the princess part and call me Sica and I’m fine, I can handle it.”

“But pri.. I mean Sica, You can really take your break now.” Just when Jessica thought she could really take a small break, Yoona walked up to the counter bar. “Jessica ah, Table four wants two glasses of coke and 1 glass of lemonade. Can you make those for me please?” Yoona asked nicely, smiling sweetly at her.  “I’ll make them.” Kyuhyun smiled, kindly offering to do so. Yoona slightly pouted. “But Kyu, You have to make those cappuccinos. You can’t make that many drinks by yourself.” Yoona acted as if she cared about Kyuhyun. “I’ll make them now then.” Jessica silently sighed to herself as she grabbed another glass. “Mianhe.” Kyuhyun mouthed to her. Yoona smirked to herself before walking away.

Jessica watched as Yoona skipped over to Key who was just finished taking someone’s order doqn and was walking into the kitchen. Yoona was clutching onto his arm and had helped him carry his notepad. Jessica rolled her eyes. “Can she be more obvious.” Kyuhyun heard her and spoke, chuckling. “She’s been crushing on Key for a long time now. Ever since he started working here.” He commented. “Yoona is such a pretty and nice girl though.” He added, smiling. Jessica secretly rolled her eyes. ‘Nice? Yeah right.’ She thought.

“But of course, Princess Jessica is way prettier.” Kyuhyun smiled widely at her. Jessica chuckled softly at his quick change. “Kyuhyun, you’re really fun to be around with.” Jessica admitted. “I thought you guys would be giving me a hard time.” She confessed truthfully. “Why?” Kyuhyun asked while placing the glasses on the tray on top of the counter. Jessica shrugged her shoulders. “I mean, come on. A princess is being a commoner for 3 months, everyone would want to give the princess a hard time and tease her or make her have a hard time. It’s a rare opportunity.” Jessica spoke causing Kyuhyun to laugh lightly. “Sica, You’re special.” He patted her shoulder, chuckling softly. Jessica pouted. “Is that a compliment or insult?” “Why would a princess think like that?” He asked, his laughter dieing down. Jessica shrugged her shoulders while pouring the soda into the glass. “Onew, Table four.” Jessica called out for Onew who was standing by the counter bar. “Thanks noona.” Onew smiled before walking away with the tray to serve the drinks. “I can’t believe Nicole and Onew are already working at this age. Onew was born in 1989 while Nicole was born in 1991. They‘re just kids.”

Key them butted in the conversation, “Unlike someone, people actually have to work to survive.” He didn’t know why it came like an insult.  Jessica ignored Key’s statement as she busied herself with the glasses of drinks. “Oppa, Can you come with me to the store to get some soap? The kitchen ran out of it.” (A/N: Key is older than Yoona here) Yoona suddenly came up to Key’s side and linked arms with him. Key nodded, giving her a smile  Key and Yoona then left the restaurant. “I think Key doesn’t like me or something.” Jessica mumbled. “He’s probably just in a bad mood.” Kyuhyun spoke, assuring her. Jessica slightly rolled her eyes. “That’s what they said on the first day too.” She muttered quietly to herself.