Chapter 24 - The Second Kiss

Twisted Moon - Book 3 of the Black Moon series - Chapter 24: The Second Kiss

(Camden's POV - Thur. 19 March 2015)

Noah is slowly relaxing in my arms. I hate that Tony's guesses were right and that Noah's parents were cruel enough to make him believe such awful things. What was their point telling their son that he killed his sister? Were they so much in need to get rid of their own guilt by transferring their responsibility to their son? A three-year old at that? It's no wonder that the boy loathes himself with such passion and requires so much affection; this is probably one of the reasons that brought him to self-harm.

Damn! What a day again! This boy is killing me with stress and worry but I'm relieved I didn't yield to anger and was able to myself relax while I was taking care of him. Exercising my profession has that magical effect on me. I never really understood why, but massaging people's tension off their bodies and assuaging their corporal pains has always soothed my own nervousness; to me, watching a body get limp under the pressure of my fingers is nearly as enticing as delivering physical or mental pain. I just wish I knew how I could help him further. I might actually consider taking him to a specialist if I can't manage on my own.

Noah has such a complex and fragile personality. He wants to be treated as an adult, which he is obviously, but he lacks maturity on several levels and still behaves like a bratty teenager often enough. Like yesterday evening when he stormed to his bedroom and during the conversation that ensued for instance. To be honest, I don't mind that much. For one, Noah was robbed of his adolescence and he needs to go through that crisis at some point of his life; this is what's going to make him the man he will be in the future. And then, as much as it truly gets on my nerves at times, his little fits add a bit of spice to my life. Besides, even if I never showed it openly, I have always had a soft spot for these lively boys.

Of course, I only watch them from a distance since none of them has ever been mine. I enjoy them vicariously through others. Alex is obviously the quiet one and I do love his shyness, but I cannot deny that I love Shannon's exuberant antics or when Liam's mischievous self drives Joshua crazy. Aside from them, Noah's mania to teasingly call me Daddy lately has also brought up fond memories of another crazy Submissive I met last June in another BDSM club in New York. Zach...

Zach is the crazy guy par excellence! His lively personality is quite similar to Shannon's but his kinks go far beyond. I would never forget that delightful night I spent sharing him with his Daddy and Aaron. Because yes, Zach and his Dominant, Aiden - who is a friend of Aaron's and owns said BDSM club in the big apple - have this weird Daddy / Baby kink, so Noah's jokes and my current withdrawal in sex were bound to resurface such great souvenirs.

Shit! Now is not the time to get an erection! And fuck my perverted mind for once again likening Noah to a Submissive! I need to stop seeing him as such because he is not! How could I even consider it when I am holding this broken boy in my arms? Noah just needs someone to pull him back up from all his sufferance. And that's what I should stick to.

"Are you feeling a bit better?" I ask him softly once his breathing has reached a perfectly normal rhythm, slowly disentangling from him.

"Yeah... Thank you... I'm sorry about that..."

"Don't be sorry, Noah. I've told you already that I'd rather you talk to me and get rid of your distress. And I'll always be there to listen and help you as much as I can. However, you can't go on harming yourself... I can't let you do that." My voice is firm enough to make him cast his eyes down.

"It's not so easy..." he whispers.

"I can imagine, but you have been dealing pretty well over the last few days..." I encourage him.