Chapter 10- Given Royalty

"So can you explain last night?" I ask sitting straight with my hands in my lap and my legs folded indian style. He hesitantly sits on the bed and maneuvers in front of me to face me. "Uh... sure, what do you want to hear?" he asks. Wow , that's a first. "What are these things chasing me?" I ask. He takes an uneasy breath in and sighs. "Well, demons." he says and I stare at him blankly. "And why do they want me?" I ask and he opens his mouth to speak. "Now that I can't answer." he says and I sigh. "Then can you tell me what happened last night?" I ask. He nods and looks to the side.

"Well, demons aren't allowed to trespass a mortals home unless they have permission. So what they did last night was taunt you. They're street wanderers. They know how to bend rules. I'm gonna warn you, it will get worse if you don't watch yourself." he says and I look at him curiously.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, I guess I should say I should be the one watching you. I guess that's the proper way to say it." he says. "How? They did it to me not you." I say.

"Yeah well, the first sign that should've stuck out to me was when you tried to run from me when you found out. Then you went crazy after I didn't talk to you..." he says.

"Well I think part of it was just me." I say and he looks at me. "What do you mean?" he asks. "Well its just... history." I say pushing it aside.

He looks down and shakes his head. "There's that blurred part again. What are you hiding, Max?" he asked with a little frustration in his voice. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I can see all your fears weaknesses and strengths but I can never see your past. Its very frustrating." he explains. I knew why though. "That's because I don't think about it. I pushed that aside a long time ago." I say. "But it still bothers you, correct?" he asks and I nod reluctantly. "What else do you know about me?" I ask.

He faintly laughs and looks at me. "Well, if you insist. I know that you like nature, you love the rain. Um... you hate waking up past sunrise. You're afraid of dying alone. You hate cats." he slightly laughs. "You used to be in track in high school. You're from Canada. And you think your weakest point is yourself." he says and I look at him. "And there's a couple things I could add but I'm not gonna." he smirks and I laugh.

"T-thats... insane, Liam." I say and he laughs.

"I know." he says and looks at the bed.

I notice my hands were clear in his vision and fold them closer to my stomach. This is gonna suck. "Can you read everyone's mind?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Nope, just yours. And my family's." he says and I nod. "Oh." An awkward silence fills the air until he looks up at me. "So, do you want me to show you around?" he asks. "Sure." I laugh and he pulls me down the hallway. "Liam, this place is.... huge." I say astounded and he laughs. "Yeah. It makes it easier to hide." he laughs. I just happen to look to my left and see something not expected for Liam's 'gentle' life.

"Is that uh.... shooting range?" I ask and he looks where I was looking. "Oh ...yeah." he laughs. I walk into it and he follows me. "You with a gun? Not possible." I say sarcastically. He laughs and nods. "Well, we um... we have violence in our lives too." he says. "I can't picture you shooting anything." I say and he grabs a smaller gun off the wall and grins. "Okay. Then let me show you a little." he grins and steps behind me.

He wraps my hands around the gun and places his hands on top of mine. I wasn't really paying attention. I was just wanting his hands to keep touching me. Don't let him bother you. Don't let him bother you. Don't let him bother you...

"Are you ready?" he mumbles in my ear. "Uh... sure." I say. He laughs under his breath and I could feel his chest and abs on my back making it harder for me to focus. Dang it this is getting hard. "Your thoughts amuse me very much, by the way." he says and I start laughing at my own self. "Um... I'm glad?" I say and feel him smile against me. The air brushes against my neck and I want to lean back on him, I was struggling so much.