Chapter 4- Nervous

I pass him in the halls a lot. I never thought I'd be so paranoid in the first month of college. But I began to look forward to seeing him even though only once or twice, he would look back. Why did I have to go to that stupid party? A guy I see at lunch walks up to me in the hallway. I don't know who he is but I saw him with Liam a few times.

"Hey um. You're Max, right?" he asks.

I nod. "Yeah."

He flicks his hair out of his eyes and slightly smiles. He was quite attractive. "Well I'm Alex. I was gonna ask if you want to go somewhere Friday night?" he asks.

So he's another Rick. Well, I take it back. I get along with Rick. This guy? He's bigger than Rick and almost has a threaten appearance compared to Rick. Alex is almost too muscular.

I see Liam leaned up against the wall texting a distance away. He was alone, but that still didn't save me from Alex at the moment. "Um... I have things to do Friday night." I say.

"What about Saturday?" he asks. Dang. Pushy much?

"I rather not." I say. Well, I might not be so polite with him today.

"I insist." he says with a growing smile and I swallow. His eyes were devious.

"I have to get to class." I say and attempt to go around him but he grabs my arm and pulls me back in front of him. "I want you go with me." he says a little more persistent.

"I said no." I say a little harsher. What kind of guy is he? He places an arm on the wall behind me and doesn't remove his free hand from my arm.

Flashback:

"You listen to me!" my father yells as he pins my wrists above his hands. "Let go of me!" I shout through my whimper.

Present:

I open my eyes and realize I was now crying and was still pinned by Alex.

"Let go of me!" I shout louder.

"Alex." I hear a weary male voice say and then see all the people. He turns and looks and I actually see Liam. "Just let her go." he says.

I used Liam as my distraction and manage to pull my leg up to push him back with my foot. I used all the strength in my leg to shove him. He didn't go too far but enough for him to let go of me so I quickly walk in another direction. Away from Alex... and away from Liam.

I didn't realize his roughness put me in the middle of a flash back. I thought I was over my past. What happened? I'm stronger than this.

I run to my dorm and slam the door. Screw class. I'm skipping. If they get mad about it then I can sue. What guy forces a girl to date them? I guess I should be rather grateful that other people were around to see. Gosh, Liam had to be that one there... Why Liam?

***

It seems, Alex, has me paranoid, a week later. He keeps staring at me. I want to walk up and punch him, but of course I wouldn't. During lunch someone grabs my arm and I jump and turn around. "Hey calm down. It's just me." says Liam. Its just me... the guy who still scares me.

"What do you want?" I ask and walk away.

"Will you stop and let me talk to you?" he asks as I get to my spot and sit.

"What is there to talk about?" I ask and he sits by me with his legs crossed.

"Alex feels bad about what he did." he says and I huff. I was more disappointed that he came to talk about Alex. For some reason, I wanted him to say more, but it was just a hopeless thought. Why does this man drive me nuts without doing anything but breathing?