Mother of the Year

Elena is there to accept the donation for her mother's charity,

Carol: "And here to accept the donation to the Miranda Sommers-Gilbert scholarship fund is Elena Gilbert."

[Elena smiles and joins Carol.]

John is upstairs when Isobel approaches him,

John: "What are you doing here?" He asks sensing something off about her,

Isobel: "I'm creating a distraction." suddenly her face changes. She rushes over to John and bites him

Elena is downstairs beneath the stairs accepting the check.

Elena: "The Historical Society was my mom's baby. She considered all of you family and would be honored and touched by this gift."

Suddenly John Gilbert is thrown and now is falling down the stairs. He lies unconscious on the floor. Everyone has heard is shocked and disturbed, Stefan goes over to him while everyone else clears the room.

Sheriff Forbes moves through the crowd and crouches down next to Stefan.

Stefan: "Uh, he's-he's bleeding. Is he okay?"

Sheriff Forbes: "Yeah, I got it. I got it." not explaining anymore knowing this is something for the council to deal with.

[She looks at John and turns to the crowd.]

Sheriff Forbes: "You know what? Let's all back off. He just needs some air. Everything's fine."

Stefan calls Damon and tells him he needs to get over here and deal with John's body.

When Damon gets there he goes straight over to the Sheriff,

Sheriff Forbes: "He's dead." She tells him

[Damon looks at the body, picks up John's arm with the ring, and casually throws it on his body.]

Damon: "He'll be fine in a couple of hours."

Carol: "What are you talking about? Damon, he's dead."

Damon: "Well...Here's the thing. John's ring, it's an old Gilbert family heirloom that protects its owner from death by a supernatural entity."

Carol: "But he's not breathing. He has no pulse."

[Damon grabs John under the armpits and starts dragging him away.]

Damon: "He will be. Trust me. We're gonna need a cover story...epileptic fit, alcohol binge, banana peel, whatever works. But right now I just have to get him out of here."

[He leaves with John's body.]

[Sheriff Forbes goes out. She's on the phone with one of her deputies.]

Sheriff Forbes: "Yeah. It's a false alarm at the Lockwood's. Okay. Good. Thanks."

As Elena is making her way over to the Boarding house after leaving the Lockwoods she is taken by Isobel.

Cemetery:

Isobel's car drives inside the cemetery and stops. Isobel's minion gets out of the driver's seat and opens the side door. Isobel gets out of the car but Elena stays put,

Isobel: "Just because you can't be compelled doesn't mean I can't force you to come with me."

Elena reluctantly gets out of the car.

Elena: "So is that what happened? You were compelled?"

Isobel: "If I was, I couldn't tell you."