Know Thy Enemy

3rd Person POV:

Elijah had told Clara all about Klaus and the real curse, it was morning now and time for them to go. Clara gave her word as soon as she was home she would text Elijah the location of the dagger and ash.

Elijah: "I'm curious Mrs. Salvatore... how is it you are so... skilled at reading people seeing several steps ahead?"

Clara: "Growing up as a servant you are always present to serve but you also need to disappear, to blend into the background... only seen when someone needs something. I've seen people's many faces, the ones they show to company, the ones they show to family, to lovers, and the one's left when they think they're alone. I'm just a good observer."

Elijah nodded understanding how she was able to use those skills to help her in her vampire life,

Clara: "You know your plan to avenge your family won't work, right?"

Elijah: "And why is that?"

Clara: "Because I will wreck it, and if not me Damon, and if not Damon, Stefan, and If not Stef-"

Elijah: "I understand the friends Ms. Gilbert has that will do all they can to protect her... I was going to tell her later but I suppose telling you now won't hurt anything, there's a potion, I had it made originally for Katerina, it will revive her after the sacrifice."

Clara: "A 500-year-old potion, is what you expect us to rely on? No, I'll work on coming up with something more reliable, I may need to consult your witches."

Elijah: "And you assume I'd make them available to you, why?"

Clara: "Because if not Stefan, then Mason, if not Mason then RO-"

Eljiah: "Alright! I understand your point... I suppose we could collaborate on a more reliable way to ensure Ms. Gilbert's survival."

Clara: "Good, I'm glad we were able to reach an understanding."

Elijah: "One more thing, Mrs. Salvatore. I need you to promise not to tell anyone what I have told you here, not even your husband."

Clara: "You have my word... I won't speak of it to anyone."

Elijah: "Thank you."

A little while after Elijah left Mason appears.

Clara: "Did you get it?"

Mason brings up his iPad and shows Clara he was able to record her entire conversation with Elijah due to a secret camera placed around from when he needs to lock himself here during a full moon.

Clara: "Good, I was worried it went too long and it'd be too much memory."

Mason: "Why'd we need this again?"

Clara: "You heard him, he made me promise not to tell anyone... now I don't have to utter a single word."

Mason: "you're kinda scary."

Damon: "Believe me she only takes that as a compliment."

Clara saw Damon walking down the stairs and ran to hug him.

Clara: "I missed you,"

Damon: "It's only been a few hours."

Clara: "Still missed you."

Damon: "Missed you too." the pair started kissing.

Mason: "And that my cue to leave."

Damon: "Not so fast there's something you need to know."

Mason: "What's that."

Damon: "Stefan called right after you left." He says to Clara, "Apparently Elena found an old Gilbert journal... the reason Uncle John wanted you or me to use the dagger... it's fatal if another vampire uses it."