I Captured Your Pawn

Damon had been extra territorial with Clara the last few days, it was very hypocritical because he was a hopeless flirt with everyone but hearing she found another man attractive had him taking every opportunity to remind her how good it was with him. He wasn't taking any chances that setting this wolf trap would turn her head or any other part of her delectable body away from him.

Clara didn't mind the extra attention but was very thankful she was a vampire and could quickly heal otherwise she might be too sore to move with how... enthusiastic her husband had been with her lately.

Elsewhere Caroline was a nervous wreck having to keep spying for Katherine so she didn't suspect any moves against her. Stefan and Elena were helping by pretending to fight but she couldn't wait until this was all over- she hated this double agent crap and was constantly afraid she'd mess it all up for everyone.

The town was all gathering for this charity picnic thing and the gang decided it would be the best chance to try and get Mason on his own. Bonnie had made it very clear she wasn't going to cooperate if it involved killing or hurting him and Clara regretfully realized if she intended to keep her promise to the witch that it would mean she might have to make some moves against her husband.

It's the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day.

Preparations are underway, Carol Lockwood is giving a speech.

"This is all part of the historical society, continuing efforts to give back to the community. Thanks to the generous donation of the Fell family. We are now standing on the sight of our newest public park. Thank you to everyone who has shown up today to lend a helping hand. Thanks."

Mason is removing boxes from his trunk as Stefan walks up

Mason notices Stefan nearby watching him, "Stefan right? One of the Salvatore's?"

"Yeah I was hoping to extend an olive branch." Stefan explains,

"Not interested," Mason says brushing him off.

"Look, my brother acted impulsively... telling Tyler about, you know..." Stefan says trying again.

"You think that's why I don't wanna bro down with you?" Mason asks condescendingly

"You have family here and us being at each other's throats is eventually going to end in someone innocent getting hurt, I can't imagine you'd want that. So what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing and call a truce?"

Mason thinks for a moment and then agrees, "I suppose there's no need to go starting some age-old feud that doesn't even apply to us."

"Thank you." Stefan offers Mason his hand and begrudgingly he shakes it.

Stefan moves to take his hand back but Mason squeezes it crushing a bone or two and pulls Stefan in close

"If you or your brother makes a move against me..." he warns

"That won't happen," Stefan assures him, Mason nods his understanding and lets go of Stefan's hand.

Stefan walks back to Damon and Clara who are helping set up refreshments,

"Any luck on lowering his defenses?" Clara asks, Stefan holds up his hand with two disfigured fingers from Mason's killer grip.

Damon whistles out mocking his little brother's pain, "I'm gonna take that as a no... so plan B?"

Clara and Stefan agree, "Plan B."

Clara walks away to make the call to Bonnie.

Elena passes Clara as she walks over to join Stefan for another one of their "fights" that they hope satisfy Katherine enough to keep her at bay.