The Fooled

The next day at a memorial service for Richard Lockwood Katherine tried to make a move on Stefan but he caught on realizing she wasn't Elena... now the gang officially knows she's in town.

Boarding House
Clara is pacing around her and Damon's room, the idea of Katherine being here has enraged her. She wants to find her and squeeze the sides of her head together until there is nothing left of her manipulative self-serving brains.

"Look, not that I'm not enjoying watching you try to start a fire by the friction your pacing feet are making but are you coming to this little pow-wow we're having at Elena's or not?" Damon asks Clara.

Over at the Gilbert Residence

Damon, Stefan, Elena, and Clara are in the kitchen.

"Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asks Stefan, the only one besides Uncle John she's shown her face to.

"No."

Damon shakes his head, "woman certainly knows how to make an entrance."

"She said she was hoping to fool at least one of us, What does that mean?"

Damon smirks, "it means I was too busy having an epic sex marathon with my wife for her to try and dig her talons into me."

Clara is mortified, "Damon! That's private!"

"Not when you take the marathon to the hospital." Stefan quips.

"Oh god, you heard us?"

"Wait you guys really did it in the hospital while Caroline was fighting for her life?!" Elena asks appalled.

"Aren't we a little bit off-topic now?" Damon asks, "we're supposed to be figuring out what to do about the evil double of Elena."

Elena sighs heavily having had just about all she can handle of this insanity that had become her life.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asks moving closer to her.

Elena shakes her head, "no, I'm not alright. I thought that with all the tomb vampires gone things would get better."

"I know. We all did."

Then Elena has a horrifying thought, "Katherine was in this house, that means she's been invited in, what are we gonna do?"

"Move," Damon suggests earning him an elbow to the ribs by Clara

"Very helpful, thank you," Elena replies sarcastically.

Clara addresses Elena, "Katherine wants you dead; there's zero you can do about it; you would be dead but you're not. Trust me I thought for sure that what her plans for me were but it wasn't... she wanted to break me down and when that failed she tried to sentence me to live forever without the man I love... the only man to refuse her charms, without constant use of compulsion anyway. What I am saying is she clearly she has other plans for you... maybe for all of us."

Stefan nods, "she's right and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." He says directing that last part to Damon, "she'll try to divide and conquer we can't let her, we have to stand by each other and not give in to whatever mind games she tries to turn us against each other with."

They all accept the truth of that and let it sink in each making a silent promise not to let her make them doubt the others, to stay strong and united.

Elena pipes up with an idea, "John must know something. There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him."

Damon shrugs, "she's Katherine. She loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's been up to before she wants you to know."