Grounded

The girls arrive back from Richmond. Rose speeds into Damon,

"Your wife is INSANE!" she exclaims,

Damon doesn't seem bothered, "yeah but she's hot, so it all evens out."

"Aren't you even curious about what she's done to me now?"

Damon tilts his head with a bit of condescension, "you're over 500 years old, are you trying to tell me you can't take care of yourself?"

"Against your wife, I doubt anyone can."

"Oh thanks, doll, I'll take that as a compliment," Clara says as she and Elena have now caught up.

Elena looks around, "where's Stefan?"

Damon winces "about that, you might want to have a seat."

"Damon, what happened to Stefan?" Elena asks,

"Well good news is we have the moonstone and Bonnie is currently working on de-spelling it.... bad news Stefan is trapped in the tomb with Katherine's rotting corpse."

"WHAT?!" Elena shouts, "how could you let this happen?"

Damon rolls his eyes, "oh I'm sorry but we were all a bit distracted finding out you were on a martyr tear to rival Stefan's greatest hits."

"To be fair, Stefan was already trapped before Rose texted," Clara corrects,

"That's hardly the point, she needs to stop acting so impossibly stupid and impulsively. Can't have Steffy mad at us when we inevitably get him free only for him to find out you ms. dangerous has gotten herself killed. So from now on, you will be assigned a babysitter who will report everything back to me."

"I'm not a child, Damon."

"Then stop acting like one, Elena."

Clara steps between the two, "he has a point, you lead with your heart before your brain and logic has a chance to catch up. perhaps this will be a good thing."

"Glad you think so wife, because you have the first shift."

"What? How is that fair I just saved her skinny ass from an original."

"Come again?" Damon asks not expecting that last part.

Elena explains, "It turns out Elijah isn't as dead as we thought, apparently Originals can only be killed momentarily."

"Well, that's just fantastic," Damon says sarcastically.

"On the plus side, he seems to not be as interested in Elena as we previously thought," Clara says,

"What do you mean?" Rose asks having missed this part

"He killed the men who showed up on behalf of Klaus and asked Elena not to do something so reckless again, seems he isn't interested in sacrificing her."

"Did he say anything else?" Damon asks

Clara shakes her head, "no he heard Rose waking up in the next room and suggested we continue the conversation at a later date."

"Great so we can expect an impossible to kill suit-wearing original to drop by any day now, anything else I'm expected to deal with? No? Good. I'm getting a drink no one follow me."

Damon met up with Alaric and got blissfully drunk, he needed it not used to having so much responsibility on his amazingly muscular broad shoulders, it was a drag... he needed to find a way to free Stefan asap so he could go back to being the carefree one.

Elijah POV:

I had to admit I was quite taken with Clara Salvatore, she was beautiful, yes but I was more impressed with how someone so young in their eternal life was able to do what my brother and I continuously failed at... kill Katerina Petrova.