Chapter 13

I swear I think I've written this chapter on word three thousand million BILLION times, which is a shit load of times, I know, I'm good at math. :3

Enjoy!!

Chapter 13: One Last Visit to See Paul Continued A.K.A. Living in the Moment

It was dark, I couldn’t really see anything. Yet, at the same time, I could see perfectly for miles into whatever I was looking at. But there was one thing that stood right in front of me, something/someone which I could see so clearly that I wondered what else was out there.

I looked upward at him, and gasped at what I saw.

“P-Paul?” I was so scared at what I saw, it was horrifying. Paul smiled, bright red blood dripping from the corner of his mouth.

“Yes love?” I screamed at his face and how it moved when he talked. There were large scars across his face, bleeding excessively. His eyes were wide, red where the eyelid was torn off, and were crying tears of black liquid and red blood, but his lips were untouched. They were full and lovely like they have always been which put them out of place by far. He didn’t look like Paul, but I knew it was him. 

“What happened to y-your face?” I gasped, almost screaming again. I lifted my hands almost to touch his but I pulled my hands away midair, scared by what was going on. 

“Oh you know what happened,” He smiled deviously, with bright white teeth stained red and fangs growing out of his mouth, “I wanted you to love me remember? So I took a knife and cut my face all over so I would look handsome to you. And now you love me!” He coughed to his side, spiting blood out into the unknown, before he came back and smile.

“But how could you do this to yourself?!” I cried loudly at him, feeling myself being to cry before I spoke again, “Didn’t it hurt?” Of course it would hurt. It would hurt for any normal person anyway.

“It hurt like hell,” He twitched, almost using a different, scarier voice, but then shaking it off, “But it was all worth it. I killed myself over and over again, for you Holly.” Paul grinned again, putting his hands on my face, feeling the features.

Right as his skin met mine, it burned. I screamed at the pain, trying to move but unable to. I never felt something so painful in my life. I shut my eyes, not wanting to be alive anymore if I would feel that pain for any longer. 

“Holly? Holly!” His voice took over my thoughts, and the pain on my face stopped abruptly, disappearing at the sound of his voice. I shook my head, feeling his hands were gone, and opened my eyes at what was there. 

The last lamp in the room was turned on, which fed the place a soft amount of light, not too bright for my adjusting eyes. I remembered suddenly where I was at that moment, as I looked upon his terrified face. I was in Paul's destroyed room, on his bed, under his one blanket, and my head on his one pillow. 

I gasped for air, my heart beating in my ears. I think I feel asleep out there, on his couch, and he brought me in here, which was nice of him and all. I don't think I had even been so scared in my life until that moment. 

"Are you o-ok?" His voice was trying to be calm but pretty scared, "You were screaming in your sleep." I rubbed my eyes and sat up, thinking about the dream. It was all about how he was killing himself for me, and I'm thinking that might be true. 

I mean he was the living dead. He had no reason to go on anymore, he was losing all will to live. It was causing him to just wither away. I didn't know what to think of it, I felt bad for him.

"Was I talking in my sleep?" I asked, not answering his question because I wasn't really sure what to think of it.

"Not really. Your scream-ing woke me up and when, and when I came in here you were shaking, and...and screaming and crying. I-it scared me Holly." He half smiled at me, hoping I know how much he cares for me, and I do. I do.