Chapter 4

Well I know like everyone was super surprised at my the last chapter. Hey, so was I! But it's time to move on to the next part of the story. And don't you worry, everything will turn out ok.

I hope :/

enjoy!

Chapter 4: Keeping it a secret, oh and running into Paul...again.

I felt speechless, like all the air was shoved out of me, I could hardly breath at all. This couldn't be true, it just couldn't be. There is no way, maybe its......or.........no it's probably......

And now I'm in denial. Great.

This can't be happening. I'm just so surprised, and scared. I have a living thing inside of me. And it's half Paul's. It's going to be a reminder everyday of him. What the hell am I going to do?

"Holly?" Ringo's words pulled my mind back into reality, "You look worse, I'll get you a cloth." I nodded and sat up, my back on the arm rest. He came back over with a small cloth and I set it on my fore head.

"What am I going to do Rings?" I held the cloth with one hand, while looking at my belly with the other. I thing I was imagining it, but I could almost see a bulge at my stomach.

"I don't know, I can't really help. I don't know anything about kids." I'm gonna have a kid! Oh my god. A child, I am screwed over.

I sighed and felt the tears finally drip from my eyes. They left warm streaks across my face as they came down. Ringo saw this and came over to me, rubbing my check with the back of his hand. I felt a bit better to have a friend like Ringo there for me.

"Ringo," I sniffed the snot clogging up my nose, and looked at him through red and puffy eyes, "I need you to promise me something." I blinked, with more tears still streamed from my eyes.

"Ok, shoot." His hand brushed across the top of my head, in a friendly way, while he's eyes were still filled with worry for his good friend.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone." It was silent for a moment, as Ringo thought of what I wanted him to do. It was a lot of me to ask of my friend, but I really wanted to keep this between us.

"Not even Paul?" He finally asked me.

I barely shook my head in a response, "Not even Paul." He was the last person I wanted to know about this. Sure it was his kid, but if he knew, he would want to take care of the kid with me. And I really do not want to see his face.

Ringo pulled his hand to his side and nodded his head, "I promise I won't tell anyone, even Paul." Good, I'm pretty sure I can trust him now.

"Thank you Ringo." I stood up, with the cloth still pressed against my head, and looked at him. He tried to smile but I knew I was putting a lot on his shoulders. I felt bad about it but it was the right thing to do. Or at least it felt that way.

"I guess I better go. John wants me there you know." Ringo looked down at the floor, as he spoke. I lead him to the door and reopened it for him. He waved a goodbye and left my apartment. I lightly pulled the door shut, went over to the sink in the kitchen, and set the cloth on the edge of it.

I looked down at my clothes and realized my clothes looked horrible. A good depiction of how I felt on the inside. So I went over to my bedroom, to change into whatever I had in my drawers. It really didn't matter what.

*************************************************************************************************************** 

A few days went by after my little "discovery". I stayed in solitude for those couple of days, didn't answer the phone the once or twice it rang, didn't really leave the house. Strangely, my mind was blank for most of those few days. I thought about......nothing. It was pretty weird.