Chapter 7

Sorry that last chapter was short, I tried to make it as long as I could while keeping this in two parts. And I though I did pretty well.

Anyway, this is where the good stuff starts, and goes all the way till the end of the book, or at least I hope so. :/

Enjoy!

Chapter 7 - A visit to an ex-friend part 2

What the hell? Oh good, I'm sounding like myself again, I was getting worried there for a second. But still, what was she laughing at? What was so funny? Do I look funny? I probably look like a mess any way.

I just stared at her, confused on what was going on. Lilly took a second before she calmed down, forcing herself to breath, for her lungs to suck in air and let it back out. I wanted to ask, but I didn't for some reason. She lightly grabbed her cup again and sipped it once again, before she spoke to me.

"You really don't know do you?" Lilly said, putting on a melancholy face to talk to me with. She seemed quite serious, and I guess I didn't know what she was speaking about.

"K-know what?" I believed that was a legit question to ask, for the moment anyway. I clutched my stomach again, holding the child inward, feeling for the baby. That nervous feel just stayed with me, and won't go away.

"What Paul...*sigh*...How could you really not get it after you two dated for what, a month?" I nodded, it was about a month. She continued, "He has this, I don't know what you would call it, thing about you. He's kind of always had a thing for you. I mean..." Lilly was trying to tell me something, but I guess she just didn't know how to say it. 

"What are you trying to say?" I was rocking back and forth again, though it was hardly noticeable, just enough for me to notice. I feared the worst, again.

"I'm trying to say that he's always loved you and I just didn't notice before. He was actually pretty shy about it, and I'm not sure he talked about it much outside his close pals you know. And I didn't realize how much he truly cared until he was trying to breakup with me, and he just couldn't stop smiling. Paul was actually happy for the first time in his entire live, since the death of his mother, and it was all because of you."

I didn't know what to say, at first. This was kind of new for me. I dated this guy for a month, and this was the first time I actually realized how much Paul loved me, and it wasn't the end.

"it's too late for him now though, we're threw." I stopped rocking and up straight, almost proud of what I was saying, though I shouldn't be, I think.

Lilly chuckled to herself, "He must be destroyed. No wait, he is destroyed. You will never know I guess." I slumped back over again, sighing to myself. 

"I'm still sorry." All of a sudden, Lilly stopped chuckling and she froze for a moment or two. She looked up at me from her cup of tea. She nearly slammed the thing on the coffee table, almost breaking the fragile china.

"Why?" She stood randomly, "You've done nothing and it wasn't till that day when I realized it." Lilly was breathing hard, almost angry at my words, and her own. I was plastered to the chair, in slight fear.

"What day?" 

Moments later, she responded, "The day I ruined the most perfect... never mind. Look, don't be sorry for anything, it's not your fault. I'm the one who should be sorry." Lilly slumped down in the chair, silencing herself.

"Why should you be sorry?" I think at that moment I knew why, I just wanted to hear it come from her mouth and not my mind.

She looked back up at me, "Doesn't matter, I just wish things could be how they used to be between us." Lilly was changing the topic for the better. At least the new topic was something of interest to me.

I was more confident now that I didn't have to think about Paul, or our past, "I don't know if things can be the same, but I'm willing to try to be friends, if you are." I pleasantly smiled, trying to seem open and friendly. 

Lilly looked at me, and I saw the corner of her mouth go up. She sat up, pulling herself together, and nodded, "Alright, I'll try too, I guess." Her body leaned forward on the chair, and she reached her hand across the table. I uncurled my arms from my stomach and leaned as well, lightly shaking her hand in a simple agreement.

When Lilly pulled her hand away, I following quickly, she stared at something for a moment. I was confused and looked around me, for her eyes were at me, "What?" I asked, that nervous feeling magnifying again. 

"Holly? Are you.." Then she gasped, loudly, covering her mouth with her hands, "You are!" A look of confusion crossed my face.

"What am I?" I probably should have known what she was going to say, but I was just being dumb that day. 

"Holly! You're pregnant!" She pointed at my stomach, and I quickly turned pink, embarrassingly. I had no idea it was that noticeable. Well, I guess it was supposed to be at that point anyway.

"How could you tell so easily?" I fumbled with my fingers nervously and looked down, having my fingers slip under and over each other in a constant pattern. My face was on fire at that point.

"Holly." She pulled my attention up from the floor, to her, "We had been best friends for years, I think I can tell." Lilly smiled, and I returned it. I need someone, other then Ringo to talk about this to. And I think I found the person, a friend.

"Is it..." Her voice paused in mid sentence, wondering for a moment whether or not to mention him, "his?" 

I nodded somewhat, my smile melting away, "Yeah, it reminds me of him everyday." I can't tell a lie with my new friend. And I enjoyed thinking that, a new friend. 

"Does he know about this?" At first thought she would tell Paul if I said he didn't know, which he doesn't, but then I figured that Paul doesn't want to met his other ex.

I shook my head in response, "N-no, the only other person that knows is Ringo, and he was there when I figured out I was pregnant anyways." He always seemed to be there for me, at the right moments. When I needed someone...

"And you do want Paul to know do you?" 

Shaking my head again, I answered quickly, "No." Lilly nodded, standing, and picking her cup up. She came over to mine, and picked it up in her other hand. It didn't matter if I was done or not, she decided that I was.

"Well, I have to go out for a while, and I'm sorry for kicking you out. But before I do, I must give you a piece of advice." She waved for me to follow her, out of the little living room type area and I followed her all the way to the door of her apartment, waiting.

She opened the door and let me go into the hallway before she spoke for the last time, "If you are going to see Paul again, which I expect you are because they probably invited you to spend Christmas with him and the boys and friends, wear a belt around your stomach. Not to tight, don't want to hurt the child, but enough so he won't notice the difference." I nodded.

"Thank-!" She slammed the door before I could finish, "-you." I smiled to myself. This day had gone much better then expected. And now, I was ready to take on Christmas.