Chapter 21: Jovi

Since Liam and I became official to the world, life had been anything but easier. I couldn’t even leave the flat without being ambushed by cameramen. It was insane, but Liam assured me it would pass. Even through all of the hell I went through, I didn't regret telling the world. I would rather they knew the truth. 

Luckily, I had gained more of a fan base than before. The directioners were slowly warming up to me. The thought eased the rock in my chest whenever I thought back to all of the hate I had received. At least some people liked me.

“LOOOOUUUIISSS!” I shouted, wrapping myself in my towel. Me, being the intelligent person that I was, decided to forget to bring clothes in for my shower. Of course, Louis, Niall and Liam were the only ones here. I wasn’t going to ask Liam to bring me clothes. Not after the towel incident, anyways. 

“WHAT DEAR?” Louis yelled from the other room. From the sounds of it, they were watching football on the telly. 

“I NEED CLOTHES!” I answered at the top of my lungs, standing impatiently in my towel. It was getting colder in here and I wanted the comfort of clothes. 

“NIAAAAALL!” Louis screamed. I heard a bang, which I assumed to be Niall dropping something, then footsteps. 

“WHAT?” Niall’s voice came from across the hall. 

“IZZY NEEDS CLOTHES. FETCH THEM FOR ME!” Louis replied dramatically, extra sass in his voice. I mentally face-palmed him and sighed. 

“COULD YOU GUYS HURRY UP!” I asked, seriously freezing now. All of the steam was gone, making the room a cold place for a girl in just a towel.

There was a knock on the door. I opened it slowly, revealing only my head. A sheepish Niall stood outside, holding a small pile of clothes. His eyes widened when he saw me, and his face flooded red with embarrassment. 

“I-I was… Um.. Here.” He stuttered, handing me the clothes. I smiled gratefully at him, accepting the pile. Of course, though, the universe wouldn't let me catch a break. 

My bra fell to the floor. 

Both Niall and I bent over to pick it up, bumping heads. I reached up to rub my head in pain, as did Niall. In that moment, I forgot I was wearing just a towel. We stood up, and I saw his eyes widen so hard I thought they would pop out of his skull. 

I was naked. I was naked in front of Niall freaking Horan.

My face exploded in red and I grabbed the towel, covering myself as best as I could. 

“I-I um. I-I’m sorry. I, I’ll just…” Niall stumbled over his words, his eyes staring straight at the ground. Shakily, he lowered himself to the ground and picked up my bra, handing it to me. 

“T-Thank you.” I whispered, trying to think of a way out of this situation. If only it wasn’t Niall. Now that I knew how Niall felt about me, the situation turned ten thousand times more awkward. 

Niall opened his mouth to say something, closed it, then bolted out the door. I stared at the open door before slamming it shut. Quickly, I changed into clothes and darted from the bathroom into my bedroom. My face was still burning red in embarrassment. 

Surprisingly, the outfit Niall had chosen for me was actually cute. A long-sleeved purple shirt with skinny jeans and TOMS. I sighed at the comfort of the clothes before walking out to face the crowd. 

Liam and Louis were sprawled on the couch and, as I predicted, were watching football. Niall was nowhere in sight. 

“Where’s Ni?” I asked hesitantly, trying not to reveal what happened. The boys didn’t appear to know what happened, so I said nothing. I knew I should tell Liam, but not right now. Not while the embarrassment was so fresh in my mind.