Chapter 22: Bacon and Surprises

A/N WARNING: Extreme cheekiness by Harry Styles in this chapter. Bouts of fangirlishness may occur. Read at your own risk. 

“Hi Jovi.” Liam said politely after a moment of silence. The other two boys had been staring at her in shock, but they quickly recovered. “Might I ask what you’re doing here.” She looked back and forth between the boys and I. 

“I was invited.” She responded curtly, sending me a small smile. “If you want, I can go back out to my box on the street.” That was all it took. They all jumped up, running towards her.

“What? Are you serious?” Louis asked.

“Are you alright?” Liam inquired.

“Do you need food?” Of course this was Niall. 

“Yes, yes, and bacon please.” Jovi answered with a huge grin. Niall’s face lit up as she said the last part. 

“One second, love.” Niall whispered as he pulled out his phone. Jovi’s face reddened at his words, but she hid it pretty well. 

“Harry!” Niall said into his phone. “Get over here! I don’t care if you’re sleeping. Why? Because, Jovi needs bacon. She’s a friend. What? That’s not important. Just come over and cook for her. BECAUSE I CAN’T COOK! Yes, I know I’m fat, just get over here. Bye.” We all stared at him as we heard one side of the conversation. 

“Harry’s coming to make food.” Niall stated happily. We all nodded and moved into the other room. 

“Come here, Jovi. I’ll get you some clothes.” I said, pulling her towards my room. She nodded, following me down the hall. 

She whistled when she walked into my room. “So, you’re a geek. Cool, cool. I don’t judge. I must say, though, this room is a bit much. I’m kind of scared to see mine.” I chuckled, already imagining her face when she sees the spare bedroom. 

She was my size, luckily, and borrowed an outfit. Liam and I would take her shopping as soon as we had time. 

She decided on a purple crop top that ended right above her belly button, black skinny jeans, and a purple beanie. She looked adorable. Of course, this was an outfit Louis had bought for me; something I would never wear. It was too… revealing. 

“Here, let me take you to your room.” I said, pulling on her arms lightly. She nodded, following me out of the room. 

The look on her face was absolutely priceless. The second she stepped into the bright pink room, adorned with a heart shaped bed and pillows that sent me into a laugh attack the first time I saw it, she stopped cold. 

“Oh, hell no!” She shouted. 

 Harry’s P.O.V.

I grumbled irritably and pulled myself out of bed. It took a great deal of effort, but I managed to slip clothes on. The only reason I decided to go was because Niall asked and I had nothing better to do but sleep. How could I ever say no to Niall? 

When I got to Liam’s flat, I let myself in. The boys and Izzy were gathered around the couch watching some random show. This mysterious ‘Jovi’ was nowhere to be found. Neither was Zayn, but I was told he’d be here. 

“HARRY! BACON IS IN THE FRIDGE!” Niall shouted from the couch. I groaned inwardly and walked into the kitchen. When I got there, I pulled out a pan and the bacon, cursing myself for being the only person in my friend group who knew how to cook. 

“WHERE’S THE BUTTER” I called, standing impatiently by the fridge door. Of course Liam and Izzy lost the butter. Of course. 

“IT’S IN THE GUEST BEDROOM MINI FRIDGE!” Izzy hollered back, not bothering to move from the couch. Lazy asses, they were. 

I blew the air from lungs before slowly shuffling towards the guest bedroom. Why there? Who the hell puts butter in a guest bedroom mini fridge? 

When I opened the bedroom door, I stopped cold. My entire body froze as I stared at the girl in front of me. 

She was beautiful, with long fiery red hair and pale skin. One arm was completely tattooed, something I found extremely enticing. Her lips were a soft, blush pink and her eyes were as green as my own. 

She was also half naked. 

She screamed lightly, grabbing a blanket to cover herself. I averted my eyes the second I laid eyes on her, but not before I had a rather interesting view of her black bra and panties. 

“Who the hell are you?” She asked, her eyes darting between the door and I. She seemed to be contemplating if she could escape or not. The thought made me chuckle. 

“It’s alright, love. I’m Harry. Harry Styles.” Her eyes widened in recognition and she nodded. There was a moment of awkward silence, and to be completely honest, I forgot why I came. She was just so exquisite it was impossible to focus on anything else. 

“Hello there, Harry. What exactly are you doing in my temporary bedroom?” She asked. It all made sense now. This was Jovi. 

“You must be Jovi,” I said, holding out my hand. She looked at it, then down to her hands wound tightly in the fabric of the sheet covering her, and back up to my eyes. I nodded, placing it awkwardly at my side. 

“I just came for the butter,” I answered her question, walking over to the fridge in the corner. Luckily, it was inside, so I didn't come for nothing. “I’m the one making you bacon.” She nodded and smiled as I walked back over to the door. Before I left, I turned around ad leaned against the frame.

“It’s great to meet you, Jovi. Bacon will be ready in ten. Hopefully you’ll be properly dressed by then,” I said with a wink, then left for the kitchen.