Chapter 5: Lovely Voice

A/N Hey peoples here is chapter 5! Liam's perspective has arrived. Feel free to fangirl at your own risk. I'm not a huge fan of this chapter, but it's okay. Please keep reading and comment. (Voting is cool too. I like voting) Thanks to everyone who reads this. I love you all!

 Liam's P.O.V.

 “Hey, watch it.” I yelled as a girl ran past me down the hallway. A flash of blonde and she was gone. She looked very upset. Not many people just ran past me. I’m Liam Payne.

At first, I thought she was running to hug me or something, then she shoved passed me and ran away. It was very unsettling that she could be so upset. I was about to follow her when Niall grabbed my arm. 

“Liam, we gotta go. Were preforming here today, remember? You cant just go running around the school!” He explained scoldingly. I laughed and nodded, following him and the others. Being part of a famous boy band was hard. I couldn't do anything for myself. For instance, I’d just broken up with my girlfriend, Danielle, and now the whole world knows about it and everyone’s mad at me. I’ve gotten millions of tweets saying we should get back together, or that I should call up random girls I don't know. Its very annoying. I guess thats the price you pay for being famous. 

Summer Prep high was very small, so the auditorium looked almost empty. All the girls were crowding by the stage, screaming. 

“Hello Summer Prep. How're you doin' today?” Harry asked the girls. In answer, They all screamed louder, jumping up and down, trying to get on stage. The music came on and we began our concert.

After it was over, we had sang What makes you beautiful, Little things, Rock me, and a few others. The crowd was crazy for such a small school. When we went offstage, the girls swarmed us. One girl with brown hair and way to much makeup grabbed onto me and kissed me. In shock, I froze up, then gently pushed her away from me. She tried again, but I walked away from the crowd.

The boys and I were trapped by a crowd of girls. Security came to intervene, and we got to an empty hallway. They blocked it off while we sat and thought of a way out. 

Suddenly, I heard a voice drifting down the hall. A girls. It was lovely, and sad. So sad.

Getting up, I excused myself and walked towards the voice. At the end of the hallway there was what seemed to be a music room. Inside, a girl sat in front of a large grand piano. Her fingers flew expertly across the keys as her soft, wistful voice told a sad story. 

 Spend all your time waiting

For that second chance,

For a break that would make it okay.

There's always some reason

To feel not good enough,

And it's hard, at the end of the day.

I need some distraction,

Oh, beautiful release.

Memories seep from my veins.

Let me be empty,

Oh, and weightless,

And maybe I'll find some peace tonight.

In the arms of the angel,

Fly away from here,

From this dark, cold hotel room,

And the endlessness that you fear.

You are pulled from the wreckage,

Of your silent reverie.

You're in the arms of the angel,

May you find some comfort here.

So tired of the straight line,

And everywhere you turn,

There's vultures and thieves at your back.

The storm keeps on twisting.

Keep on building the lies

That you make up for all that you lack.

It don't make no difference,

Escape one last time.

It's easier to believe in this sweet madness,

Oh, this glorious sadness,

That brings me to my knees.

You're in the arms of the angel,

May you find some comfort here.

I wanted to cry at this poor girls pain. Tears streamed down her delicate pale face as she finished the song. Hunching over, she hugged herself and sobbed. My heart broke for her. Without turning around I realized the other boys had joined me here.

The girl looked over suddenly and jumped.

“What are you doing here?”