Chapter 8: Runaway

Izzy’s P.O.V. 

I sat on the porch for a minute or two after he walked away before making my decision. Standing up, I ran over to the van and knocked on the window. Liam slid open the door with a huge smile on his face.

“That was faster than I expected.” They all slid over and I sat on the floor by their feet, a small grin on my face. Louis’ smile was huge. 

“Yay! She’s back. Finally decide we weren't so bad, now did you?” He asked. I smiled back at him. 

“Yeah, someone helped out in seeing that.” Unseen by the others, I took Liam’s hand and squeezed it gently. He squeezed back before smiling at me. I tried, to no avail, not to blush. All the boys laughed.

“So, where are we going?” I asked. They thought about it for a minute.

"Lets all go back to my place and watch a movie!” Liam shouted. They all whooped and hollered, clearly pleased with the idea. 

When we pulled up to Liam’s flat I was amazed. It was huge. The inside was beautiful, but a little too bachelor pad for me. We all piled on the couch and popped in Finding Nemo, Niall’s pick. Liam and I snuggled on the love seat, holding hands under the blanket so no one could see. 

About halfway through the film, Liam leaned down and whispered in my ear, “I love your hoodie by the way. You never told me you like super heroes.” I gaped at him, utterly shocked. 

“You like super heroes?” I asked. He smiled at me. 

“Of course, who doesn't? Which one’s your favourite?” He asked me eagerly. I’m guessing not many girls shared in this fascination of his. 

“Well, that’s tough. See, Spiderman is awesome, cause he can jump off of buildings and swing and stuff, but Superman’s just so strong and good. But, then again, Batman is boss. Cause, you know, he’s Batman.” Liam stared at me so intensely I thought he would pass out. His jaw was open in complete shock. 

“Marry me. Right now, please.” He said jokingly. I laughed and punched him in the arm lightly, but even I couldn't hide the blush that crept up on my cheeks.

“GUYS BE QUIET YOUR DISRUPTING THE FILM!” Louis suddenly shouted and we all jumped.

“Sorry,” I whispered. Silently we watched the rest of Finding Nemo, and we all laughed when Niall was crying at the end. 

“What, it’s just so emotional.” He protested, but in a few minutes he was laughing too. It felt so good to just hang out with people who actually liked me. Not because of Lizzy, not out of obligation, just because they could. I’d never had real friends before, and it was great. 

The boys began cooking a late night snack, so I pulled out my phone to check my messages. I paled. 

8 missed calls from mom, 9 from dad, and about 40 texts from each of them. I felt Liam walk up behind me and I spun around to face him.

“I’m so sorry, I have to go.” I stated nervously. His face fell.

“Why? You don't have to leave. If this is about before, I think we made it pretty clear-” I cut him off.

“No, this is not about before. My parents are worried and it’s late.” He glanced at his phone.

“It’s only 9:00.” He said.

I sighed wearily. "You don't know my parents." I quickly said goodbye to the boys and ran outside. 

Liam followed me quickly. “Can I at least drive you home?” I shook my head.