Prologue

Prologue

 She’s dead. There’s blood all around me. It sits in small pools around our bedroom. There she lies, on the bed we used to watch T.V. on and tell stories on. I used to jump on her in the morning when she looked like this. If I closed my eyes, I could pretend she was sleeping. The thing about sleep is that the person always wakes up. No, there was too much blood. My sister, my beautiful twin sister, will never wake up again and it will be all my fault.

Looking around, I thought of all the times we spent in this room. On our fifth birthday, Mom said we could paint the walls any colour we wished. I’d always wanted a green room. I went through an environmental activist phase, so green was my all-time favourite colour. Of course, Lizzy wanted red. She was always a rebel and wanted to try everything.

So naturally, we got a red room. Lizzy got everything she wanted. She was a very charismatic person. I never minded hiding in her shadow, being the shy child that I was. Everyone loved Lizzy, except maybe teachers. She had a tendency to talk back and slack off in school. I, on the other hand, was every teacher’s dream. An honour student in every class and perfect attendance ranked me high on every teachers list.

Lizzy occasionally mocked my perfectionism, calling me a nerd, but that didn't matter. I could never stay mad at her for very long. We were inseparable; I was her best friend and she was mine. No one ever made fun of me for being the geek that I was for fear of upsetting Lizzy. She was incredibly popular.

Bright red walls and white carpet was what Lizzy had wanted. Now, crimson puddles stained the once beautiful fabric. I guess that’s like me in a way. Once beautiful and full of life, now stained with pain and loss.

My entire body was shaking as I crawled over to her limp body. Gently, I put my hand on her pale cheek. It was so cold. So not like Lizzy. She was always warm and full of life. A drop of blood fell from my fingers onto her cheek and slid down the side of her face. It appeared as if she had cried tears of blood. ? Delete? I couldn't take it. Reaching out, I grabbed her shoulders and shook hard.

“No… No! LIZZY!” Why wasn't she waking up? She had to wake up.

“LIZZY! Don't you dare leave me alone! Don't leave me.” I shook her hard, her limp head bobbing violently.

Footsteps rushed down the hall. The door was thrown open and police officers tore into the room. They were going to hurt her. Take me away from her. Strong arms tried to pull me off of her, but I shrugged them away.

“NO! LEAVE US ALONE! DON’T TOUCH HER!” I screamed at the intruders. I clung to my frail sister, crying into her forehead. Her unseeing eyes stared over my shoulder, causing me to cry even harder.

“Leave us alone. Go away,” My protests became weaker as the man’s arms gently pried me away from my sisters body. Turning suddenly, I clung to this stranger and cried. Fat tears poured from my weary eyes and large sobs wracked my body.

The man stroked my hair, whispering kind words in my ears before calling his men to get rid of the body. As soon as I heard the word body, I lost it. Seeing your sister, the one you grew up with, being placed in a body bag is just too much.

The man stopped giving orders, picked me up, and carried me out of the room into my new life. One without my sister. 

A/N

Hey guys, here's the prologue. Remember to comment if you have any questions or concerns. :) Hope you like

-MrsWho