Chapter 16: Judgement

The plane ride home was much more comfortable than before. Now that Liam knew my biggest secret, everything felt more relaxed around him. I could trust him with anything.

Liam explained to me about his time on the X-Factor; meeting the boys and recording their first album. I loved how his face lit up whenever he spoke of the boys, and especially the fans. It was a nice look on him. I could tell he really cared about and admired his fans. 

Though the flight was extremely long, it seemed as if no time passed. Soon enough, we were stepping off the plane, into the airport. My legs were so stiff it hurt to walk. 

Before I had the chance to recover, I was tackled and wrapped into a tight embrace. All I could see was brown hair through the blur in my eyes. 

“L-Louis. Let m-me go! I-I’m suffocating here!” I managed to squeeze out before I passed out form lack of oxygen. After a few seconds more of hugging, he released me.

Of course, I was then thrown into a similar torture with three other boys, though they were less enthusiastic than Louis. 

“Izzy!” Louis shouted in my ear after everyone had greeted me. I groaned, still tired and grumpy after the long flight. 

“Guys, don't bug me right now, I’m tired.” I tried to keep the crankiness out of my voice, but it didn't work very well, and everyone knew it. 

“Oh, poor Izzy is tired. Maybe she needs some nappy time. With LiLi.” Louis said, unable to keep the sass out of his voice. I gasped, punching him in the arm. I couldn't stop the slight blush that rose to my cheeks, though.

“Ow, the pain. It’s unbearable!” He shouted, causing the few people in the private airport to turn their heads towards us. My cheeks flamed in embarrassment, but that didn't stop me from punching Louis again. 

Luckily, none of the fans knew about this airport pick up, so the crowd outside was limited. Getting to the car was easy. This time, there was enough room for everyone to sit comfortably. As much as I wished to sit beside Liam and lean my head against his shoulder, I was immediately thrown between Niall and Louis. Harry sat in front of Louis, giving Mr. Sass a clear chance to play with Harry’s curls. Mr. Sass took advantage of that chance, meaning that he wasn’t annoying me. 

Liam was in the back with Zayn. They seemed to be in the middle of a serious conversation so I let them be. 

Since I was beside him, I took more time to get to know Niall. He told me about life in Ireland, and how much he missed it, but was glad for this opportunity.

After much prompting, I told him about my sister. Not how she died, but just the fact that she did. That conversation led into me just telling him about her. Her obsession with One Direction, favourite colour, movie, show; I told him everything about her.

He was a great listener, and it felt nice to share this information with someone else, other than Liam. I had never really been that close with him before, and I was surprised at how easy it was to talk to him. With all the boys and so little time to just talk, it had been hard to really connect with anyone other than Liam. In fact, I didn't really know anything about them, other than the basic information off the internet. 

It was strange; I’d made fun of Lizzy for months because of her obsession with the boys. Every time she tried to tell me, ‘they really are nice people’, I’d laugh in her face and deny it.

How strange that a few months ago, I mocked her when she spoke of how she would marry Liam, yet I was dating him now. I judged them all as fake, spoiled brats before I knew them. Now, looking into Niall’s sympathetic and sweet eyes, I wondered how I could have ever been so wrong. 

Mercifully, the boys left Liam and I alone after moments of argument. They wanted to stay and watch a movie, but after seeing how tired I was, they agreed to leave. 

Liam silently made us each a cup of tea, and popped in The Lord of the Rings. It was comforting to listen to the familiar sounds of orcs dying and dramatic music. Call me crazy, but that was nice to me. 

Being so exhausted and wound up from the flight, I’m not embarrassed to say that I cried through half the movie, though I knew it would all work out in the end. Liam held my hand, not once laughing at me or judging me for crying over nerdy movies. All he did was hold my hand and wipe the tears away. 

When it was done, I was nearly half asleep and about to fall on the floor. Everything around me seemed blurred. 

I must have fallen asleep because one second I was on the couch, and the next I was in the spare bedroom. Liam was beside me, close enough to touch, but not. 

He must not have been sure about my feelings towards touching this close, especially after he knew my story. Normally, I would be opposed to the whole idea, but with Liam I felt safe. In my heart, I knew he wouldn't hurt me. 

Gently, I grabbed his arm and pulled it around me, so we were almost spooning. He seemed to react to my encouragement, wrapping himself tighter around me.

If I concentrated, I thought I could feel his heart beat throughout my back. It was probably imagination, but it was a comforting thought. I fell asleep to the sound of his light breathing. 

A/N Hey peoples thanks for the support, I love you guys so much! <33