Chapter 18: Dinner From Hell

A/N I guess I should probably say that there is some mildly explicit content in here for you youngsters who don't like any sort of sexual-like contact even if it isn't technically sex. Thank you. 

Tonight was the night. Liam talked my ear off all day, making it impossible to worry about seeing my mother again. I really missed my father, but I didn't want to see them. 

Liam continued to talk to me, even as I straightened my hair and put make-up on. When he left me alone to take a shower, I was comforted by the sounds of his beautiful singing that carried through the rooms of his flat. His voice really was a blessing. How had I never noticed it before?

Stepping into my dress, I felt a wave of calm pass over me. Maybe it was Lizzy watching over me, or maybe it was Liam’s voice. I’m not sure, but it helped. I didn't fool myself into thinking that this night would go smoothly, but it did help calm my nerves. 

Liam stepped out of the bathroom, towelling off his messy hair. A blush crept to my cheeks as I tried not to stare at his bare chest. My face reddened even more when I realized he was only wearing a towel. 

Liam caught my eye and laughed, his body shaking. A spike of fear and embarrassment shot through me and I prayed the towel wouldn't fall. 

Well, this was one way to get my mind off my parents.

“Do you like what you see, Iz?” He asked arrogantly, walking over to his closet. It took everything inside of me to turn my attention back to my makeup. Still, I had a clear view of Liam’s toned back in the corner of the mirror. I could also see his-

“Iz?” He asked, snapping me out of my daze. I choked down the scream trying to crawl its way up my throat. Willing myself not to blush again, I faced him. 

“No, I absolutely hate your gorgeously sculpted abs that probably took months to make and are currently staring me in the face. Why would you think a teenage girl would appreciate that?” I commented sarcastically, forcing my eyes to stay locked on his. If I let them wander… it wouldn't be good. Well, good for my eyes perhaps. 

Liam just chuckled, taking my hands. “You know, somehow I just don't believe you.” His voice was low and raspy, causing my skin to crawl in desire. No one had ever had such an effect on me before. Liam knew exactly how to make goosebumps appear on my arms. 

“I wonder why…” My voice trailed off as Liam leaned down and started trailing light kisses down my neck. My breath caught in my throat as his lips made their way to my own. Soon, we were kissing. Any hesitations I’d ever had around him vanished, and I deepened the kiss. My hands automatically moved up to his chest and around his shoulders. His muscles were tense and hard beneath my palms. There was a light thud on the ground, but I ignored it, pulling him closer. 

“Iz.” he whispered, his voice shaky. I broke apart from him with a gasp, staring into his eyes with desire. I expected the same look from him too, but all I saw was partial amusement and a great deal of embarrassment. 

“What?” I asked, trying to catch my breath.

Liam blushed furiously, biting his lip. 

“I… Uh… Iz, my towel fell.” 

I froze. All the blood in my body rushed to my cheeks in that moment. It took everything inside of me not to look down. I’m not sure how I did it, but I managed to keep my gaze locked on his eyes. His face was still a mixture of embarrassment and amusement; embarrassment over the situation, and amusement from my reaction to it. 

“Okay,” Liam started in a nervous voice. “Here’s what we’re going to do. You turn around, I grab the towel, get dressed, and then you can turn around again.” I nodded, facing the other way.