Meeting My Mate

Chapter 18

Natalie's P.O.V

Hmmm I remember it like it was yesterday. It was the year of 1692.....the year I was called Natalia De'Angelo....

1692

"Anna we need to get out of here now...we can no longer stay here in Massachusetts. Didn't you just hear they said they are persecuting witches in the Salem Witch Trials. If we get caught we are going to meet our end." I said sadly to my sister.

"No Natalia I'm not going to run away I can not...not anymore I'm too tired. It's been over 200 years aren't you tired of us running all the time....out living all of our family and friends there is nothing left for me on this earth anymore. Lucifer at the time gave us the wonderful spell so we can live and stay young but then I realized it comes with a price and too much pain, I can not keep going on and watching people I truly care about keep falling to their deaths over centuries. If you want to leave please go before they come and check our cabin for any suspicions." Anna said with a tiresome look and I looked at her in disbelief.

"Anna...No....I....Can not..." I choked out between sobs. "I can not leave you...you are my dear sister...you are all I got...after mum and dad passed I was so lost and broken...and you are....you are the only one who keeps me sane and from falling to pieces sister." I said tears streaming down my flushed cheeks. I put my head in my hands letting my tears get the best of me.

Anna picked up my chin and had me looking in her eyes which holds sorrow, sadness, and a hint of anger.

"HEY...we do not cry....we are De'Angelo's, daughters of the most powerful wickens of all time. You my dear sister are way stronger than I will ever be. You, Natalia are beautiful, strong, and most of all...one of the most powerful witches our father Lucifer has ever seen. There is something or someone out there for you...I can not quite put my finger on it but you have to push through for me to find out. Promise me you will go on and keep your rightful place as the most powerful wickens of all time and promise me you will never give up.....PROMISE ME!"

"I promise." I said sadly with confidence hidden in my voice. "I will never let you down Annalise." I said giving her a hug.

They suddenly jump at the sound of horses coming down the dirt path to their cabin.

"Please Annalise promise if you survive come find me." I said looking in her eyes hopeful.

"I promise." She said while a small tear slid down her cheek. "Now go they are getting closer...I love you forever always Natalia my dear sister." She said with a weak smile.

"I love you too Annalise forever always." I said giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and darted out the back into the neighboring woods right behind our cabin. I ran and ran until I decided to catch my breath standing behind a tree.

After a few minutes of catching my breath I heard a gun shot that came from the direction that the cabin was in and then I believed my sister Annalise lived no more.

I slid down from the tree onto the ground and started crying my eyes out until...until I remembered what my sister said. I should not cry because I am a De'Angelo. "I will never forget my promise Annalise....forever always." I whispered. But something deep down wanted to believe that Annalise was still alive I feel it....but I don't want to agree with that and get crushed when I find out if she is really dead I can hardly deal with it now. So I let it go.

A small part of me died that day and that must have been the kind sweet girl because it's the reason I'm the cold-hearted bitch I am today. They took my best friend, my sister, and my only family away from me and I was not gonna let them get away with it.