Engagement Party Discovery

Hey guys I just want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my book. I really appreciate it. So I decided I'm going to make a sequel to this book, it's already up called "The Stranger Within: The Lovers Fight". So I'm first to tell you book one is coming to an end soon and I hope you continue to the second one. So i will finish this book soon and start with the second one soon after. Thanks for all the support and spread this around!

Love you all, Onesha !

Chapter 16

David's P.O.V

"It's been about a week since I had that heated argument with Anika. I really made a huge mistake by pushing her to the brink. I can't get her off of my mind. She won't answer my calls or texts, now I know what she was feeling when she mentioned her heart breaking over and over again. I just don't know what possessed me to act like that, it was like I was under some type of spell. Maybe she was right about Natalie and I was just to dumb to believe her." I said thinking to myself.

Today was the dumb engagement party, and I'm going to break it off before it goes to far. I want Anika and no one else. "I...I love her." I said confidently.

"Aww...I love you too honey." Natalie said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Now sweetie what are you doing up here the party is about to start and the whole pack is here...we're just waiting on you silly." She said looking at me with that same hypnotic stare. She was dressed so slutty, if she was my mate I would tell her to change immediately, but she is not so I could care less what she does she could get lost and I wouldn't give her the slightest care in the world.

Before I know it I'm agreeing to go to this lame ass engagement party. "Sorry baby lets get the party started." I said with a forced smile. I'm being brain washed and I have to fight it but how?

*************

Few hours passed and I realize the little hypnotism is fading. I end up running into my parents who were talking to, looks like Alpha Daren from the Crest Fallen Pack.

"Dad, mom can I have a quick word with you? I just have a question." I said hoping they would say yes.

"Yea sure son, what's bothering you?" They both said with a concerned look.

"Ok good. Sorry Daren will you excuse us. Let's take a step outside real quick" I said that because Natalie was keeping an eye on me like I was about to snap like a wild animal or something. So we take a step outside and I ask them my question.

"Mom, dad so I was wondering what if I told you my mate is not Natalie, but a vampire?" I said nervously.

They looked at me in shock and I started getting even more nervous but calmed down when they both sighed. "Honestly son I don't care who your mate is but if you find her don't let her get away she was made just for you. Go for it." My dad said with a smile. "Yea to piggyback off what your father said, we don't care we just want you to be happy. If you find your mate don't let her get away love her the way she deserves to be loved." My mom said and kissed me on the cheek.

Well that kinda sucks. I was worried about what my family would think the whole time and they didn't even care. I was the one who was scared. Now both my parents said don't let her get away and what did I do.....let her get away, I'm so dumb. "Thanks guys I knew I could talk to you" I said with a weak smile.

"Ok son we will see you inside." They said and went back inside leaving me outside alone to think.

All I can remember that keeps playing over and over in my mind Is Anika telling me she loved me and me being a douche throwing it back in her face. My wolf was fighting the whole time telling me to say something, do something, tell her you love her you idiot. But I couldn't it was like ever since I met Natalie I wasn't in control of myself. Like I was under a spell.

The Stranger WithinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara