Invitation

Chapter 9

*Anika's POV*

"Hi my name is David." He said with a smile and I can feel electricity go through my body as he just speaks. My body is going crazy. " Hi I'm Anika."

"Do I know you because I feel like I do?" David asked with a smile across his face.

Trying to keep the whole mate thing from slipping I just said something normal "No I don't think we've met but how about we get to know each other?" I said with a seductive smile. At the corner of my eye I see Monica and Mya looking confused as ever but I wasn't trying to worry about them my mate was right in front of my face.

"Sure we can totally be friends you seem cool....but just to let you know I'm engaged." He said with a forced smile.

Those words just really made my heart feel like it was being ripped from my chest, I wanted to rip off his fiancé's head right off her shoulders, and I can just feel I was really getting upset, ...so I calmed myself down before I did something really stupid. "Oh..."I said with a sad face. I could see that his smile went to like a hurt expression, he must be feeling the same way I do.

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean to hurt you." He said with a sadden expression.

I felt my heart get crushed even more to see that my mate was sadden. I had to get out of there fast before my emotions got the best of me and before I claimed him as mine." It's ok....here how about this....take down my number....and whenever you want just text or call me and maybe we can hang out...." I said hurriedly as I grabbed his iPhone out of his hand and dialed in my number,put my name in with a heart, and quickly took a picture for the contact pic. I know he wouldn't mind because we are destined to be together.

After I finished I gave him back his phone,I could see he had this shocked expression on his face like he didn't know what just happened he looked so cute I just wanted to kiss him, but anyways I grabbed the movie headed to the corner to pay the people and ran out the store while Monica and Mya followed behind.

As we got in the car and were driving back to my house I ignored all the questions that Monica and Mya were asking me, I wanted to just think about David because it started to hurt when I realized we left and were no longer standing right in front of each other.

"Nik....Anika...ANIKA..." Monica said to me snapping me out of my daydreams about David.

Huh I said turning around with this huge goofy smile on my face.

"Who was that guy?" They both asked.

I will tell you everything when we get to the house. I said with a secretive smile.

"Ok.....I know that smile anywhere it's bound to be good so you better tell us lol" said Mya.

Ok ok I will. 10 mins later we arrived at my house and I realized it was 6:30, enough time to tell them what they want to know,ask them to join me this weekend to Grandma Rosa's, and still watch the movie. David was still running through my head and I couldn't help but smile.

As we walk through the door of my house,so glad I texted my mom 10 mins before we got here, I smelt the buttery popcorn and the sweet smell of the hot fudge on the iced cream(senses are stronger then humans, I like them that way), thanks mom as I shouted from the entrance of my house.

"No problem honey" she shouted back.

"Ohh guys..." I said while turning around,"My mom and I want to invite you guys to join us as we go down to Georgia to visit my Grandmother, you guys can get more information on what's going on and more about me being a vampire." I said hoping they say yes.