Behold Your Queen

Chapter 17

Anika's P.O.V

Today is the day that I show myself to both the human and supernatural world that there is a new Queen in power of the vampires. I am so nervous, excited, but deep down I'm slowly falling apart.

It's been a week since me and David had our heated argument and I feel he is never coming for me. After I transported myself back to the Rose Mansion and cried the rest of the night, the next day without hesitation I told my family and friends that we were departing to the castle in Italy tonight. I didn't tell them why, but the reason why was because I couldn't stand being so close to David but at the same time soo far apart, if you get what I mean. Deep down there is something telling me don't give up, there is still hope. I mean something tells me that is right but I always see the worse side of things so I don't put my hopes up for them to come crashing down and leaving me to sulk in my own depression.

"Anika....hello earth to Anika?" Mia said snapping me out of my depressing thoughts.

"Yes Mia" I said with a fake smile.

"Well the ceremony is in 2 hours and I thought I let you know so you can be ready on time. Italy waits for no one." She said with a laugh and after seconds of realizing I wasn't laughing along she asked"Is everything ok?"

I shook my head yes keeping my fake smile plastered on my face.

"Anika you should know I know you and that fake ass smile doesn't make me believe your ok. Is it David....It is I can tell, don't worry about your mate right now he will come around, today is your day, all about you, our Queen." She said with a reassuring smile while she came and sat next to me on my king sized bed, rubbing my back to calm me down.

"Thanks for trying to put a smile on my face...I know I can never hide my true feelings from you, you see right through me. You remind me of my mom ughhh. It's easy for you to say because you found your mate, Jared accepted you without hesitation. Is there something wrong with me, maybe I'm ugly? I don't know but oh well. David on the other hand basically told me our love is a mistake, why does he have to be difficult? Why can't I find love like you, my other cousins, and my friends? The person that holds my heart is slowly depriving me of any life I have left in me. I'm just going to do my best to move on and let him be happy with that dumb ass bimbo. It's done." I said while I try to wipe away the flood of tears that are streaming from my eyes.

"Anika...listen to me do not cry over you mate. He is just being stubborn right now and actually he is a lot like you and your stubborn ways. Anika you are nowhere near ugly because your beyond gorgeous with your long, thick dark brown hair and your hazel doe eyes. The perfect petite body. And no one can forget that beautiful smile that lights up the room. I'm very envious of my queen, my cousin, who doesn't even have to really wear makeup to look flawless. You are a beautiful, young, light skinned hot vampire. Now woman up and dry those damn tears and let's enhance that beauty of yours for your ceremony that is going to be exceptional." She said giving me a stern look while a smile comes across her face showing she is being sincere.

"Your right Mia...I knew your were my favorite cousin" I said and we both laughed. " Thanks that really makes me feel a lot better. Don't worry Mia you are gorgeous too no need to envy me. And your right I need to stop sulking because it's not going to get me anywhere. So let's get started." I said with a smile.

"Yay!! I'm so happy to hear you say that and thanks. Let's get started. GIRLS SHE IS READY TO GET ALL DOLLED UP!" She screamed for Monica and Mya to come in.

Before they entered I said one more thing to Mia "I love you Mia thanks for being such a good cousin.....and by the way I'm not stubborn." I said with a smile thinking I was right but I kinda am stubborn.