Mother Knows Best....

Chapter 7

It has been a week since I had told them that I was vampire, let alone the Queen of my kind. I was ignoring Jared's calls and texts and I was also ignoring my friends because I just needed to think I wasn't mad at them but just needed some space after all my life had changed abruptly and I had to get use to it. I stayed home this weekend and hung out most of the time in the kitchen with my mom.

I was feeling kind of bad because I didn't tell them the whole truth. The person who escaped the prison...Thomas was his name...wasn't my mate but actually someone who wants to steal the crown and to do that he was trying to force me to fall in love with him.

I was having the dreams of him because it was signaling that danger was approaching. I must be getting stronger....my powers increasing....because at first they were just thoughts now they are full fledged dreams...some even day dreams. While I was thinking of this I hadn't realized that my fangs were visible, fists were clenched, and I was extremely angry.

"Anika....are you ok? My mom asked.

"Mom I'm going to rip his throat out for what he did to aunt Jordyn....he killed one of us...A fellow vampire....One of my own. He is going to pay."

"Vampress you need to calm down.....your eyes are starting to turn black and that means your allowing your emotions to get the best of you....if they go completely black you won't be able to control yourself and the vampire in you will take over." Mother said worriedly.

"Mother how many times do I have to tell you CALL ME ANIKA".......my eyes must have been completely black because before I know my mom was wist into the living room hitting the wall kinda hard....the living room was 2 rooms away I might add...not a good sign. Luckily she was a vampire too because that could have killed her but she had fast healing.

I needed to calm down so I ran out my back door into the woods.....jumping around climbing trees, I had to clear my mind before I hurt someone, like my mom....or even myself.

~few hours had gone by~

I been out here for about 3 hours. I saw a rustling and the bushes and my fangs came out instantly. It was a deer and I noticed my stomach was growling. It was time to eat.

Kinda glad I saw a deer when I did and not a human because I would have ripped them apart...but I would never hurt a human but I can't control myself when I let my emotions get the best of me. My mother was right.....I need to learn to control them. That deer was like life to me at the moment.....what can I say I was starving. After I had drank from the deer I realized I had calmed down....it was late so I ran home and was there in a few seconds max. Kinda happy we lived near the woods in the middle of no where.

When I entered the the kitchen I was greeted by a clearing of the throat. It was my mother.

Mom I'm so sorry....I couldn't control myself. I said rushing over to her giving her a hug.

"Honey it's ok...your lucky I can heal fast or I couldn't been extremely hurt until my body healed itself. I was trying to warn you but you were already gone. Succumbed to your emotions." She said sadly.

Yea I know mom you were right I let my emotions get the best of me. I have a lot going on in my mind. I said while tears started streaming from my eyes.

"Anika....your gonna get thru this....but I know there is something your not telling me." She said with a concerned look on her face.

Ohh goodness I don't think I can tell her I thought but I can't hide anything from my mom she can see right through. "Ok....I am hiding something....mom..it...it's..my....mate." I said tears still streaming down my face but I could feel a smile starting to appear.

"Yea and what about your mate?" She looked at me even more concerned but I could tell she was sad....after what happened to her mate...my father who was the king.

"I can tell he is close....I can feel his pull...the connection." I said with a

huge smile.

"Anika... I think we need to make another trip to your grandmothers house." She said with a blank face.

I looked at her puzzled and confused, why do we need to go to grandmothers? Does Grandma Rosa know my mate? Are they hiding something from me? "Mom...ok I'll go if I can bring Jared, Mya, and Monica along...I think they deserve to know more."

She looked at me with her mouth clinched, I can tell she was highly upset that I told them in the first place. But she knew I wouldn't give in unless she agreed. Well, I am the Queen I thought with a smile. "Ok....fine...but if they do anything to upset me I will turn them myself!" She said sternly and I knew she was serious.

"Ok deal we leave this coming Friday and also Why do we have to go to Grandmothers?" I asked while studying her mind to see if she was hiding something from me.

"Anika dear I wasn't born yesterday STOP reading my mind, they are my personal thoughts and I don't want you reading them....and we're going because I said so...I KNOW BEST" she said stomping angrily to bed.

Well I guess that conversation is over. Monica, Mya, and Jared are in for a treat I thought while a smile came across my face.

*end of chapter 7*

It's starting to get good .....That got real intense....What does Anika have planned? Why is Anika's mom dragging her to Grandma Rosa's? Are they hiding something from Anika?.......Stayed Tuned to Find Out :)

Thanks for reading

Spread the word about this book if you like it

Comment if there is something you don't like or just let me know what you do like

and vote please

Part 8 hopefully by Tomorrow :)