Chapter 9 :" His Wife "

Hi guys , back with an update . Hope it lives upto your expectations.

Three days later.

                        It has been over 72 hours since she walked inside the Maheshwari house and yet she had been unable to speak with him, because after the night he spent in the house. He went missing , she woke up the next day to talk with him but he already left for work and so she waited for his return but he didnt come home that night ,nor the subsequent two days.

                    Swara knew it was never going to be easy and she believed coming back would at least make him listen to her but she didnt expect to be totally shut out. On the third day she felt all alone that she went to their room in hopes of finding solace only to be shocked by the state of it, the bottles that was piled around the corner , the clothes that were thrown around and in short every where she looked it was like a entire different room than the one she lived with him. 

                   She began cleaning the room , if she couldnt find a way to mend his heart. She could atleast do something, by the end of three hours. She felt her hard work was paying off as the room looked like the one she remembered, she was still busy cleaning she didnt notice when someone entered the room. She turned around in hope that he returned only for her face to fall at the sight of his mother.

                " My Son came back home every single day, even when his bade maa accused him of killing his son, even when his own mom stopped talking to him. Yet it has been three days since he came home because of you. Look Swara intially i wanted a good Marwari bahu for my son, i admit. I hated you because your werent one. 

              But i dont hate you now, because in a way because of you .I got my son back even for a short awhile. He was happy and as his mother , i was happy for him even if you werent my choice. Now after the way you broke his heart and after i saw the way he lost himself in the last six months, i will never ever accept you again as my daughter in law" his mother spoke up, Swara had been used to her shouting but for the first  time was dumb stuck with how calm his mother sounded . 

               " I understand,  I won't ever try to be your daughter in law " Swara answered back surprising his mother by the looks of it , the swara she knew would take a gun to her head to reunite the family not someone who would accept the end of a relationship that easily . 

              " The last six months, I hurt Sanskar i admit and but this last six months i learnt something as well. That i cant keep sacrificing my happiness for others, so yes it pains me to know i caused a irreplaceable damage between us but it is okay , Sanskar still believes i am here to reunite our family , reunite laksh and ragini . 

             The truth is that i am here only for your son.  I won't interfere in your family matter, I won't try to solve your family problems, I won't be the beti of the house just like bade papa said, I won't try to be your daughter in law not because i dont value your relationship but because sometimes one had to admit defeat and not think everything can be solved just if you tried harder .

            But I will live in this house as your son wife. And that is not something I going to give up on at least not yet , I may have given up on reuniting our family ,may have given up on being accepted by every one but I can't give up on him ,not without trying first  " Swara  spoke up surprising her mother in law who was too shocked that she left without a word .

         Swara knew she didnt enter the house with that mindset but the last three days she lived in the house, she was constantly aware of the power struggle in the house between Myra and her bade maa. Everyone kind of expected her to step up and solve the problem , fight for them but for once Swara didnt want to do so. Not because she was incapable of feeling their struggle , but because she realized sometimes you have to let them battle it on their own. Just like how she need to fix her relationship with Sanskar.