Chapter 1:"A Monster "

Dedicated : " All my readers who vote and Comment even when I take so long to reply back . Thanks for you support. 

6 Months after the separation .

              Swara dreamed of entering this house again ,but not as someone hired to help Uttara in her marriage ,but as his wife. 

           When she found out that the bride the groom  family had choosen was her own sister in law, Swara tried to go back on the agreement she signed . She cursed herself for not asking all the detail before accepting.

         But it was her wedding day and she felt more depressed and wasn't paying attention clearly and now that mistake made it impossible for her to pay the penalty for breaking the contract ,hence she was back in the Maheshwari house overseeing the preparations for the engagement. 

                  It hurt her to admit that the family indifference bothered her , When the groom's family introduced Swara and Ragini two weeks ago ,the Maheshwari  family pretended not acknowledge their daughter in laws. 

         Thankfully Sanskar was away when she first stepped inside the Maheshwari house and he kept staying away when she visited , but she was extra nervous today because there was no way he will avoid her tomorrow. 

               He will be around for Uttara engagement and it will be the first time she saw him ,since the last time she walked away from him. Yet as she walked away home that night ,she failed to see a pair of eyes following her till she reached home safe. 

                 *****************

               Ragini woke up feeling the first string of happiness at the thought of Uttara engagement, she believed  she was too numb to feel anything.

           Every marriage she worked on made her feel the emptiness of her marriage and yet Uttara marriage was different ,she felt genuine happiness in helping with her marriage. 

            Ragini knew Swara had been disappointed by their in laws who failed to acknowledge them as family ,but Ragini was content to be part of the marriage in any capacity. 

              This was one marriage where she will be able to smile genuinely , and so she got up and got ready for the engagement with a smile on a face ,the smile that dropped as she got a call from the detective she hired to find her husband .

               Swara who was by her side knew that the call disturbed her ,so she was beside her in a second asking if she was okay . The detective said the police had found a body matching Laksh description and asked her to come to check if it was him .

           Yet she lied to her sister about the truth and insisted the detective has found a lead and she will make a brief stop to his office before coming to the engagement. 

              Her sister wanted to tag along with her but Ragini had been able to persuade her , by stressing the importance of being present for Uttara engagement.  Ragini wasn't going to be the one who broke the engagement by the news of Laksh until she was sure it was his body lying in the mortuary.

                  As Ragini walked into the mortuary for yet another time ,she almost feared the worst until she saw the body and let out a sigh of relief ,it was not Him.  And when she felt the hands of the detective on her shoulders she stiffened a little .

        " It been six months ,how long are you going to wait for someone who ran away " the detective whose name she doesn't remember continued to let his hand linger on her for awhile that she realized she let herself alone in a room with him even if it was a mortuary.