fjksdlghsdkg

“so are you excited? The BRITS is only a few weeks away!” Suz squeals jumping up and down. I laughed picking up my back.

“sure am! So are we still on for lunch?” I asked. I honestly just wanted to go home and sleep, but that would mean getting a ride from Liam. Hell no to that! But before she could answer someone behind me shouted my name. I turned around to see a guy running towards us. He was waving his hands like an idiot trying to get my attention. I smiled waving towards him.

When he was close enough for me to recognize me I smiled. Darren.

“hey what's up?”

“well I was just wondering if you wanted to get some lunch?” he said smiling like the goof ball I knew him to be. I laughed.

“sorry but I already-”

“she'd loved to.” Suzan said interjecting into what I was saying. I looked over at her giving her a confused look. She just gave me her 'please-you-know-you-want-to' look. Rolling my eyes I looked to Darren and smiled.

“sure I guess I can now. Let me just call Zayn and tell him I have a ride.” I said pulling out my mobile. I quickly dialed his number and with in two rings he picked up.

“hey Re Re! What's up?”

“hey Zayn, just calling to tell you that I have a ride and we are going to get some lunch so don't expect me soon.”

“oh really with who?” I bit my lip. I knew he would ask maybe I should have just texted him that I would be going then I wouldn't have

“just a friend look I gotta go!” I say quickly before he could ask anything else. I knew if I stayed on the phone with him he would get it out that I was going with Darren. I quickly put it away and turned to Suzan.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” she smiled at me giving me a hug.

“of course! You can't get rid of me that easily! Now go with Mr. McHottie over there before I go with him instead!”

I laughed giving her one last hug before climbing into Darren's Hilux. I smiled at the familiarity of riding in the truck. I remembered how he got it. It was about 2 months before he was suppose to get his license and his father just pulled up the drive with it. He got out and threw the keys at him saying.

“you break it your not getting another one. Enjoy.” and walking into the house to make a sandwich. We always laughed at that.

.

We drove in silence the only sound was coming from the hum of the engine. Do you know howmuch I hate silence? Well I hate it more than I hate cooked fruit. And that's a lot. I quickly shifted so my feet were. On the ground rather than the dashboard and turned on the radio. Hoping that he hadn't changed the set stations I clicked the familiar button and it turned on the station I was looking for. The wombats started playing as I turned it up.

'I had no cares in the ninety nineties

I knew of no downfalls

War was breaking all around me

My concerns where with prank calls'

It rang out of the stereo. I smiled at the old song we used to listen to all the time. I sang the next verse.

' she kissed me on the cheek

She kissed me in the cheek

Right in front of the older kids

But myself belief myself belief

Wasn't scarred by the modern itch'

I heard Darren chuckle. I looked over at him and he smiled at me pursing his lips to start the chorus.