Crummy Run

Landon POV

" So your telling me that it's mandatory for her to be there?" I spoke quietly through the phone.

" Yes, instead of blood she has to fulfill any request that I desire until her debt is paid off." He growled.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed deeply.

" she is not one to take without asking she tends to get a little.." I scratched my freshly grown stubble.

" catty?" He chuckled. I placed the remaining bit of paperwork into the folder and locked it up in my desk drawer.

I stood from my chair and poured myself a glass of whiskey and listened to Lukas complain about his choices and how he thought he had made a mistake.

" honestly I don't see why you would have picked Sam?" I stated matter of factly.

He sighed through the phone and I heard a sudden crash from his line.

" Shit!" He growled. I chugged the rest of my whiskey and poured myself another.

" Just tell her she has to come." I took a deep swig and grunted.

" now that you're over your little hissy fit we need to talk business." I finished my drink and updated him on the wolves and how I killed most of their clan.

"Well then I don't see what the problem is?" He said.

I opened my curtains that led to the balcony and sat on one of the patio chairs.

" The problem is Gideon, he ended up escaping. All I know is that he was sliced by one of the soldiers." I stretched out on the chair and leaned my head to the side watching the gardeners plant and pull weeds.

" well then he had to of left a blood trail somewhere, right?" I dragged my eyes over to the forest and sighed.

" None, we checked every possible exit. He must have learned a new way to cover his trails." I saw something twinkle briefly in the bushes then it disappeared.

" Well I don't know what to say, I can send some trackers out to check the lower region of the mountain. "

" yeah, that might wor-" just then something twinkled again. But this time I caught the bright green that walked out into the open.

'Jade' her sleek fur shinned brightly in the bright sun and her eyes sparkled even brighter when the sun shinned upon them.

"Landon?" I tuned back into my conversation and grunted.

"That'll work, I'll see you tomorrow." With that I hung up my phone and watched as the beauty shifted and walked across the field and into the house.

Not a care in the world that she is bare for the world to see.

Jade POV

The birds chirped to my left and I heard the snapping of twigs coming from my right. I quickly rolled over behind a tree and crawled on my belly to the bush closest to my objective and right when the thudding noise got closer I pounced.

I dug my claws into the brown coat of the deer and latched my teeth into its muscular neck. And with a final yank down I heard a satisfying crack and the deer fell to the ground, lifeless.

By the time I finished my meal I decided that it'd be best if I start heading home. I emerged from the forest and gave my coat a final shake and shifted.

Who would have guessed that a regular old slave would have made it into such a high and mighty place. What would have happened if I wasn't bought at the damn auction? With that thought in mind I walked to the house with my head held high and went in search of something to do.