Nights

her legs were dying as she ran, blasting her music for the world to hear and for her eardrums to burst. she let the burn settle in her thighs and stomach, pushing herself harder.

this had been a new thing, running each morning. it had been three days since their ice cream 'date', she had seen him in flashes but he seemed to avoiding her. guilt flashing in his eyes every time she tried to speak to him.

she had writers block and needed a way to get out all the pent up stress, but running wasn't the perfect antidote. it only kept her distract until she got to her apartment. she was going insane, and she had no clue why. she barely knew Sebastian but he invaded her every thought.

he was all she could think about, it was sad really. maybe if she had a social life she might be able to get him off her mind but he was the few people in her life right now.

she began her run in the late afternoon, returning once the sun had settled. she pulled out her keys, breathing heavily. she shut the door behind her, locking it and grabbing a cold water from the fridge, drinking it in gulps.

her hair was frizzy from the run, the tight bun falling apart. her skin covered in sweat, her muscles screaming for a hot bath.

she hummed quietly, walking into her room, her hands on the hem of her sports bra, about to pull it off when she saw the large figure sitting on her bed.

she yelped loudly, jerking against the wall as Sebastian stood. his hands out as if approaching a bear, careful to show he wouldn't harm her so she wouldn't attack him.

"it's just me E," he mumbled, standing a few feet away. he looked exhausted, his wild curls a mess on the top of his hair. his clothes looked like he grabbed the first thing he saw.

no words were spoken, their eyes connected to the others, soaking each other in. "will you-" he paused, swallowing hard, "can i stay here tonight?" he whispered his question, his eyes desperate.

she breathed in slowly, trying to settle her racing heart. she nodded, "shower." she mumbled, grabbing some clothes and going to her bathroom.

she locked the door behind her, though she doubted he would try anything. she pulled her clothes off, starting the shower. though she wanted nothing more than to soak in a warm lilac bath she settled for a quick shower. once she was clean, and shaved, she got out of the shower. she put on her night clothes, remembering his gaze on her last outfit.

this time she had a powder blue set, the tank top showing a flash of her stomach and the bed shorts. she pulled on a pair of knee socks, they had penguins on them, one of her favorite animals. she glanced at herself in the mirror, when she came out of the bathroom the apartment was silence and dark. for a moment she believed he had left before his soft voice hit her ears.

"come here," she couldn't see him but she knew he was in her bed from where his voice came from. she bit her lip, slowly moving forward, she sat down on her bed.

"is this okay?" his warm voice sent shivers through her body.

she nodded before realizing he couldn't see her, "yes," she laid down, feeling the heat from his body radiating towards her back.

it was quiet for a moment, both holding their breaths before his arm hesitantly moved around her. she leaned back against his chest, feeling his bare skin against hers. his face buried into her damp hair, breathing in her scent.

he soon wrapped both of his arms around her, his body wrapped around her as if protecting her from everything.

"you're driving me insane." he whispered against her hair, moving his face to her neck, his hot breath fanning her skin.

"so are you." she whispered, suddenly turning to face him.

his arms still held her against him, his body relaxing as her fingers trailed across his chest. his forehead rested on hers, "goodnight." he murmured, placing a lingering kiss to her forehead.

she let out a silent yawn before letting herself succumb to darkness, her head on his chest. "i'm sorry." he whispered before her dreams overtook her consciousness.

:::

filler chapter sorry... but a little cute moment for... we need a ship name