Second Meetings

"Hi," she let out in a soft breath, her eyes still puffy from her tears and she didn't miss the way his eyes slightly narrowed at it.

"sit, please." he offered the seat in front of him, "have you been here before?" he asked, his gray eyes looking over as if to check if she was harmed. when she shook his hand he stood up.

the height difference between them was astounding, she barely reached his bicep standing, it didn't help that she was petite while he was built like an ox. his shoulders wide, his body muscular and intimidating. where she was thin, frail, and small.

he wore a dark red shirt, the tattoos on his tan skin were like a warning sign but she ignored it. his dark hair was slightly curly, some of the curls brushed against his forehead. his lips were full with a slight pout, the lower one a fraction fuller than the top.

his almond shaped eyes were framed by long dark lashes, his nose was slightly crooked as if he had been in fights. the thought made her glance at his cheek but couldn't find the bruise that was there before.

once she realized she had been checking him out her eyes darted up to his. they held mischief and smugness. "i'll go get you a sandwich." he spoke, it wasn't until now did she realize his voice had a soft twinge of an accent.

he walked away to the counter, but she couldn't take her eyes off him. his presence demanded so much attention. it wasn't just his appearance but his aura, where she was overlooked he was stared at, sometimes in awe other time in fear.

her look was a mixture of both.

she sat down, glancing over the book he was reading, Don't You Cry, she picked it up, skimming over the page he was on. that was before the book was plucked out of her hands, "if you're going to read it start from the beginning." he said softly, sitting down in front of her.

he reeked of danger, he was the storm waiting to crash her home, destroy her. it wasn't lust or love that drew her to him, it was pure curiosity, she wouldn't romanticize it. she was drawn to him because of his tattoos, and danger.

like every girl she would read about, the bad boy persona always you in. although something about him told her it wasn't a persona nor was he just a 'bad boy', no he was a bad guy.

she didn't say anything neither did he, both examining each other, looking over the features they held.

the silence was peaceful until it was broken by a waitress putting her club sandwich on the table, her eyes lingering on Sebastian before turning and going back to her work.

"are you going to tell me why you were crying?" he asked in a soft voice, it seemed like he always spoke that way towards her. his intimidating frame reduced because of his gentle nature directed to her.

she played with the napkin under the sandwich, "remember what i said about my parents?" she asked, briefly looking up to watch his reaction, "sometimes after storms things make me remember that night, i was so young when they died i don't remember a lot about them." she forced a light smile onto her face, straightening her shoulders. "but i'm okay."

her slight lie was returned with his low scoff, he gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face. the sudden contact caused her to paused, his fingertips lightly danced across her cheek. she felt her breath get stuck in her throat, staring into the gray chaos in his eyes, the intensity behind them made her feel weak in the knees.

it felt like they stayed that way for hours before he suddenly stood up, "i have to go." he rushed out and before she could protest he was out the door, leaving her confused and with a slight pinch of sadness.

she closed her eyes, touching her cheek as she remembered his touch. it was something so little but it felt so intimate. his eyes so heavy they made her feel breathless, like his storm had sucked all the air out of her lungs.

she couldn't stay away but she had to, it wasn't likely they'd even meet more often. she never left her small apartment and she had never seen him before.

she shook her head, glancing at the book he had left before. she gently picked it up and begun reading it, eating her food silently.

:::

his fist touched the bag again, the forced behind the punch sent it swinging. he moved slightly, bringing up his leg and kicking the swinging bag again. sweat beaded at his hairline, he was far from exhausted even if he had been at the bag for hours.

he took a step back, tilting his head up to look at the ceiling, "praying now are we, brother?" the male voice drew his attention to an equally tall male. though his body was lanky, his brown eyes carefully examining Sebastian.

"very hilarious, when did you arrive?" Sebastian grabbed a shirt off the bench and pulled it over his bare torso.

"during the storm, you've been ignoring your duties." Aspen was never one to beat around the bush, blunt and straightforward but it was one of the reasons they were good friends.

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck, looking towards the blonde, "i've been busy."

a breathy laugh escaped the lanky male, "we all have, but you're worrying us, you have been distant. i mean it's been almost fifteen years since you left."

"because i no longer wanted a part in his plans." his words became venom, "you of all people should know this." he keep his walls up, not letting the blond see his thoughts.

"i don't know what has sparked this sudden caring but remember what you are Sebastian," Aspen moved towards the doors, "one day you'll remember how much you need us."