Whispers

Sebastian

she walked into the store with enough energy a child couldn't compete. her dark hair falling down her back, tempting him to run his fingers through it. he walked behind her, a warm feeling in his chest as she rambled about her favorite ice cream.

he was barely listening, unable to. her words must get jealous, they were so overlooked because of her appearance. his eyes soaking in all of her, her fragile appearance made him want to keep her near at all times. her bright eyes somehow made the stars envious. her lips begged to be captured in his own.

he stood besides her, watching her order her ice cream, giving the elderly man a kind smile. "why vanilla?" he asked, curious.

she looked up at him, playful annoyance in her eyes, "you haven't been listening to me." she pulled a sad face, pouting slightly.

"sorry i got distracted." he hummed lightly, ordering cookie dough and peanut butter ice cream.

her nose slightly scrunched at his choice, making him chuckle lightly. "people are so against vanilla, it's the original flavor! nothing beats the original." she said, crossing her arms over her chest in a childish manner. her stubbornness was endearing.

he paid the man, grabbing their ice creams, handing her the vanilla cone before placing his hand on her back and leading her towards the booth.

"i still can't believe you didn't give me my coffee." she grumbled, sitting besides him on the inner booth. she begun on her ice cream, his eyes never leaving her, everything else seemed so bland around her.

"you didn't need it," he smirked at her confused expression again, "you're hot enough." he muttered in her ear, dipping his head to whisper.

he felt satisfied when her breath hitched, but he played an innocent look, licking his ice cream.

her tanned cheeks didn't hide the dark blush, her hair coming down to hide her features. he let out a soft noise of disagreement, taking one hand to brush the hair away, tilting her head up to show him her face. "better." he said, watching the blush grow.

he continued to eat his ice cream, letting silence fall between them. his eyes flickered to her lips, seeing the vanilla ice cream melting on her lips. "may i try your ice cream?" he said in a low tone, aware of the true intent. but she slightly pulled her cone away from him, a playful smile on her lips.

"mine." she laughed softly.

that's what i wanted you to be, he thought to himself, brushing the thought away.

he placed his bowl down, shifting so he was leaning over her, her eyes growing wide as her back was pressed against the stores wall. "pretty please?" he mumbled, watching her teeth capture her lower lip.

she parted her lips slowly, "okay." she whispered, a devious smirk on his lips. he gently took the wrist that held the cone, flicking his tongue out to lick the ice cream that had trailed down her fingers.

he watched her carefully, watching her swallow hard as her breath stopped for a moment. he was obsessed with the effect he had on her, watching her get breathless over his tiny things.

he licked his lips, "i might have a thing for vanilla now." he grinned, pulling away and letting go over her. he continued to eat his ice cream as if it was normal.

bringing up his spoon to his mouth before her small hand caught his, bringing the spoon to her lips. he was close enough to smell the vanilla perfume on her neck. her lips parting as she took the ice cream off his spoon.

it was his turn to be in awe, staring at her with a heavy expression. the confidence in her eyes disappeared under his intense stare, turning into self consciousness. she pulled away, licking her own lips. "not too bad." she whispered as if she had ran a marathon.

they remained silent for the reason of time, the tension building between the limited spaces of their bodies. his hands itched to around her body, in her hair, as his lips craved to feel hers against his.

he behaved however, opening the door for her as they left, keeping his hand on her lower back as they walked down the streets as they sky began the already darken. he walked her to her apartment door, watching her fumble with the keys before opening the door and looking back up at him.

if he had ever wanted to kiss a person before, his hands were shoved into his pockets in an attempt to keep from grabbing her. "i had fun." she said softly, her shyness appearing.

he took a small step forward, closing the distance between them, his hand slipping out of his pocket before he could stop it, touching her soft cheek. his head dipped down, feeling her warm breath on his lips, her eyes fluttering close.

if he could stop time now he would, her lips parting in anticipation. then her heart beating wildly brought him out of his daze. her small hands on his chest. she was fragile and he could, he would, break her again.

he moved slightly, letting his lips touch her cheeks before pulling away. "i did too." he whispered, turning and walking down the steps before he would turn around and do something she might regret.

he ran a hand through his hair, making it become messy. she was gentle and soft, everything he was not. she was a small human standing in the middle of the storm that he had created. he couldn't help but get close to her, but last time he did that he ruined her.

he couldn't her like he had before, he refused to break her like that. not again.

he walked to his apartment, slamming the door behind him with enough force to break it. his frustration turned into anger at the figure on his couch.

"oh Sebastian, when will you learn, you can't love a human."

:::

honest opinions only please, i want to know if you liked his pov, and i know it's confusing about his past, but i can't give everything so soon.