Chapter Six: Please dont let go

Oh My GOSH!!!!! So I just had the biggest idea ever!! I added it to this chapter and I wonder if you could figure it out? hmmm comment and vote if you like "Could it be true?"

______________________________________________________________________

Max's POV

"I want proof." I simply said as I approached the doctor who took Derek in earlier.

"What are you talking about son?" Doctor Freeman looked extremely confused at my  sudden outburst.

Lucas and I had sat in the waiting room of the ER for about an hour after learning about the death of Derek and Casandra. It was one in the morning now and I was just fucking sick of this. We hadnt seen them yet or even gotten to say good bye.

"I want to see Derek ScoField and Casandra Carmichael." I demanded losing patience.

"Oh the two teenagers who were admitted earlier tonight? Well, come this way but I warn you; stay quiet. I heard your friend over there lose it earlier." Doctor Freeman was full of authority as he spoke but was a small chuby old man so Max was not about to back down. I wont give up.

"Just take us there," Lucas said quietly with a grief ridden face.

We followed Doctor Freeman into Derek's room first which was in ICU. I was nervous to go in and see his still cold body laying there lifeless, but he was my brother from another mother. Huh, that was something we used to joke about with his mom. Memories flooded into my mind which made me shake and hurt all over again.

Lucas went in first and ran back out. He threw up in the nearest trash bin. Was it that bad? I was scared, angry at Lucas for being a punk, and heart broken that this had to happen to him.

I stepped into the room and saw Derek laying on his back. He was pale...like a white ugly ghost. His chest didnt seem to be moving and I knew it was over.I went to his bedside and stared down at him. Damn. He never looked so vulnerable. He always had his gaurd up and blocked everyone out except Lucas and me. But then there was Casandra, sweet cute litte Casandra. He showed her emotions in one day that we havnt seen in all the years we've known him. But now she was gone too. I couldnt believe this was happening. "Why God dammit!"

"Stop being stupid Max, they'll kick us out," Lucas showed no emotion. This is what happened to him whenever something devasting happened. He looked now the way he looked when his parents died three years ago.

"There's no fucking point staying here. Let's go. We cant do a damn thing to bring them back. " I choken out as I feared I would start to cry again. "They didnt deserve this. I dont even know how any of this happened man."

"Neither do I. If only we got there sooner." Lucas stopped himself short of words and punched the wall for the second time that day.

"Everything feels like shit." Then I remembered we needed to say good bye to Cassy.

I looked at Derek one last time and then walked out, turning my back on him for the first time in years. I have never walked away from him, but I couldnt bare being in that room with him. I'm so sorry Derek.

We walked to Casandra's room which was three doors down. I peeked inside unsure of what awaited us. Then I saw her. She was still hooked up to the machines and had the IV in her. Hm, I should have the nurses come take those out. They were useless anyways.

She looked so peaceful but looked like she was sad. Her lips were turned down in a frown and her usually tan face was pale and colorless. I guess you just turn pale when you die. It was unbelievable. I knew her for a day and that was it. One day.

I was staring out the window but then I heard a small groan. I looked back at Lucas who was looking at me in confusion. Then in unison, we turned towards Casandra.

"Cassy! Cass please wake up! Its me! Max?" I was shaking her shoulder slightly. "Lucas call the doctor!" I was in complete shock. This better not have been some sick joke. The monitors started beeping and the nurses came in.

Cass was alive. She was alive.

Doctor Freeman causually walked in pissing me off. This fucking pig was taking his own damn time acting like her life meant nothing.

"oh Miss Carmichael. It seems you have awaken. Its about time too." He said while laughing as her eyes fluttered open.

"What the hell is going on!" I didnt even understand a damn thing now. "We were told she and Derek were dead!"

Then I heard Cassy gasp. " No. No. No. No. NO!" She was shaking and crying her heart out like she was in excrutiating pain. She ripped the IV out of her arm not even wincing at how painful it must have been, and then puled out all the other wires and tubes connected to her. She ran out the room fighting her way out of the room despite us begging her not to and holding her back. Damn she was strong.

Thats when I heard a painful shrieking scream come from Derek's room. It could have broken glass and then some more if she was any louder. I knew I should have held her down or something. We ran over there and held her back as she was hugging Derek and begging him to get up. I couldnt bare seeing her like this. I was weak against her cries so Lucas managed to pull her back away from Derek's lifeless body but she hit him and threw herself over Derek again. Cass, dont do this to yourself.

She was hurt. No...she was damaged beyond repair. After ten minutes of trying to get her out of the room she spoke coherent words without sobbing like a mad woman.

"Please Derek, please I'm begging you. Please dont let go."

 _______________________________________________________________________

Oh No!!!!! What's going to happen???

Vote if you want Derek to be ok (: