Chapter Twelve Part One: Spiraling out of control

Almost to 400 reads! I feel incredible! Thank You all for your wonderfully amazing support! (:

___________________________________________________________________________

Derek's POV

I watched Casandra smile and dance around. It was hard to  imagine that this girl standing before us was the well known 'Beast' from the underground society. All gangs knew  of eachother and we made it our duty as the Black Knights to keep everyone in line. I hated gangs since I was a kid, then I realized why not make a counter gang. One in which we destroy the intolerable animals of society and protect everyone from their wrath. It was like a lightbulb moment. Once the Black Knights made it to the top we were unstoppable. We currently had about three hundred members all over California. The thing is though, we all remain hidden so that no one could stop us from doing what's right. We got rid of the scum and dirty rotten bastards who plagued our world. Our means werent always the most pure, but the outcome is well worth it.

"Derek, dont be all moppy!" Casandra exclaimed as she pinched my cheeks. If anyone else touched me like that I would have ripped their arm off. But not Casandra.

"Stop," I whined pushing her away from me. "We need to get ready for tonight. I dont know exactly how many members this crappy gang has, but we have to be prepared." I received a well understood nod from Max and Lucas, while Casandra just looked at me angrily. I decided to ignore her and lead us to the basement.

We were all lucky that our parents were never around. I felt bad for Lucas though, he lost his mother and his father was a workaholic. Max on the other hand had adopted parents who were constantly traveling the world and came home maybe once or twice a month just to check on him. My parents were seperated. My dad moved to New York for his job and my mom went to Europe to 'open her eyes' apparently. My no good father thought I would be well off on my alone, and I agreed with him.

Max's basement was where we stored the minimum amount of supplies we would ver need. A few guns, grenades, dynamite, and things of the sort. Yes, yes we did like firepower.

Lucas on the other hand was more friendly with knives. Max liked the ak47s. I managed with guns but I liked combat much better.

"Cass, do you know how to use this stuff?" I asked her mentally slapping myself. Stupid question Derek!

She folded her arms and looked at everything that was set up against the walls and the knives that hung in place on the walls. "I do," she replied but then added, "I dont like relying on it though. I hardly used guns. Knives are fine, but I'm okay with just my fists." She casually tinkered with some of the knives and blades that she took off from the wall.

"My kind of girl," Lucas chuckled. I elbowed him, not liking the thought of any one paying too much attention to Casandra. Stop it Derek, she's not your girl. I reminded myself.

"You need to keep a gun on you Casandra. Just in case you know," Max said as he handed Lucas and I a beer.

"Whatever," Casandra mumbled as she took the beer from my hand and drank it.

Then my phone rang. Thinking it was one of our members I answered the unknown number. "Hello?"

"Derek, I would just like you to know that I am sending that ugly little hoe's ass to jail! Tell her that..." Nicole's voice was screeching through the speaker until Casandra grabbed the phone from me and put it on speaker. 

"Tell me what you skank?" Casandra growled.

"I swear that you will be behind bars for the rest of your life for messing with me! If you ever come near me I will..."

"Shut it! Now you listen to me. If you so much as tell someone about our...little incident...I will make sure that your body mysteriously ends up in a ditch in the middle of nowhere dead. Got it?" Casandra cut Nicole off as she gave her murderous threat. Her icy voice sent chills down my back.I looked at Max and Lucas who were just as surprised but amused as I was.

"You...you wouldnt dare! My daddy is a lawyer and when he finds out what you..." Nicole screamed through tears on the other side of the phone, but Casandra cut her off.

"Try me you bitch. I know he wont find out becase you wont tell him right?...Right Nicole?" Casandra threatened in an all too sweet condescending voice.

Nicole whimpered, "I wont tell him. Just stay the hell away from me."

"No problem. You just happened to fall onto the floor and get trampled on by multiple pedestrians who just didnt have it in them to help you. Buh-bye Nicole." Casandra hung up the phone and stared at the floor for a while.

"Well, now that that's out of the way, let's go get some lunch?" I said as I drapped an arm around Casandra's shoulder and whispered in her ear, "It'll be alright."

"Max. Uhm, I'm not sure if you want to know this but you're mom and dad just pulled up in the driveway," Lucas said as he returned to the basement.

"Crap!"  Max said as he ran up the basement stairs and went to stall his parents. "Lock it up and go to my room."

I sighed. Things were getting out of control and knowing the Richards, they were going to keep him holed up here for some family bonding time. We were going to be one man short tonight.

We covered the tabes with sheets and flipped the board the blades were hanging on inversly so it appeared to be a painting. I locked the door and led Casandra to Max's room, knowing his mom didnt like girls over because she thought Max was some hormonal dog. Lucas headed to the living room where Max would presumably be and hopefully could stall so I could get Casandra and I out of there. Did I forget to mention the Richards hated me too?

Luckily Max's room had a balcony so we could escape. The entire time I felt like a damn kid running away. His parents scare the shit out of me though. They were nice, but coud be mean as hell. His mom looked like a damn witch when she lost her temper and his dad like a freaking sumo wrestler! No offense to either of them, but they were an...odd match.

"Derek I have no idea why we're running away but we need to hurry because I hear voices coming from up the stairs!" Casandra hissed.

"Shit. There's no point now. My truck is down there and so is the mustang! I can see Lucas's jeep too! There's just too many cars down there Cass. They'll know something is up." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Then lets go say hi?" Casandra said as though it was obvious. She took my hand and led me down the hallway, towards the stairs. My hand burned from were she touched me and when she let it go, it felt barren. What's this girl doing to me?

Once at the bottom on the stairwell, we peeked around the corner into the living room. There was no soon of them.

"Who are you?" Mrs. Richards voice said curiously.

"Uhm, Hi! My name's Casandra. I'm Max's friend." Casandra stuck out her hand and had a huge smile across her face. Mrs. Richards took it carefully.

"Friend?" she asked inquisitively.

"Yea mom, just a friend. She's with Derek anyway." Max suddenly said probably unsure of how else he could defend himself. I swear I am going to deck him later on.

"Oh okay then! It's nice meeting you sweety!" Mrs. Richards then hugged Casandra, probaby relieved she wasnt Max's girlfriend. "Max darling, we only stopped by to say hello this time. We're off to Canada in about an hour. So tata for now sweet pea." She kissed Max on the cheek and ran back out to the car, that Mr. Richards never got out of.

"That was weird," said Casandra.

"After everything we have been through, you think that is weird?" I chuckle.

"Well yea?" Casandra looks at all of us confused.

We all laugh and are grateful for this moment of hapiness, unaware of what was to come.