Chapter Thirteen Part Two: Warehouse

Almost to 500 reads (:

_______________________________________________________________________

Casandra's POV

When the car finally stopped we were at an abandoned warehouse. Or so I thought. It was littered with cars behind it and actually had security covering the place. I could see three watch towers around it surrounding the warehouse in a triangle. It was in the middle of nowhere; at least thirty miles from the city. The surrounding area was covered in dry grass, tumble weeds, scattered oak trees, and a few mounds of dirt. The warehouse itself was made of steel, making it difficult to be penetrated by bullets. It was rusty but strong. The feeling around it was eerie.

It was three o'clock and we had about three or four hours before the members of the Black Knights arrived. I was excited but nervous. We were all silent as we approached and entered the building. Derek unlocked the two gigantic doors that were previosuly shut with chains and a several locks. It took him three minutes just to open it!

As I peeked inside I was amazed. The place was so chill! Although it was just one giant room that took up maybe the area of two houses, it was amazing. It had a bathroom located in the farthest left corner of the room. As soon as you enter you could see the kitchen area off to the left and the couches by the right. In the center of the room lay multiple tables with white clothes covering them, probably where the techical devices were. In the farthest right corner were three parked black Escalades, and a garage door. Near them, there was a work station to work on the cars. Right before you got to the little garage there was a spiral steel staircase that led to the roof. The walls were covered in graffiti, but I thought it looked like art. All in all, the warehouse was a work of art. 

"Do you like it?" asked Derek as he plopped down on one of the leather black couches. It was then that I noticed everything was either in black or silver. Hmm, it fit their name well.

"I love it!" I sqealed. It was like a small dream I held close to my heart. I always wanted to have somewhere I could call my home away from home.

Max began pulling off the white covers from the tables and pulled out the chests that were beneath the tables as well. They began to set up guns and ammo, carefully deciding teams and who was dealing with what. Derek calmly fell asleep on the couch and I made my move on Lucas. I laughed to myself. Gosh, that sounded naughty.

Lucas was in the garage loading the cars. He stopped moving when he saw me. "What is it Casandra?" he asked annoyed.

"Aw, dont be like that Lucas," I smiled as I leaned back against the Escalade he was loading. "Why dont you just admit it."

"Admit what?" he tried to push this off but he couldnt lie to me. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he said calmly refusing to look me in the eyes.

"Lucas, he needs to know," I said simply. It was the truth. Lucas couldnt hide forever.

"No he doesnt! If I were you Casandra I would keep the hell out of my business," he threatened. It was not going to keep me away though.

"Fine. Lucas, I know its killing you inside and you might be surprised by his reaction," I said as I walked away backwards, keeping my eyes locked with his.

"Drop it Cass. Please," he begged with his face torn between hurt and perplexity.

"I will...for now."

Max's POV

Casandra was acting really weird when we were in the warehouse. I mean, she was always weird but it was like she was a new kind of crazy weird. I think she had something up her sleeve and was using it against Lucas. He looked like he was about to shit his pants when he was talking to her by the cars. I decided to let it go, knowing he woud eventually come to me and talk about it.

"Maxxy!" Casandra yelled as she flew her arms around me, making me drop the gun in my hand, and a shot going off. Casandra flinched back and jumped three feet away, Derek fell off the couch he was sleeping on, and Lucas dropped a loaded bag on guns on his foot luckily all the safeties were on. 

"What the fuck Max!" Lucas screamed, "Are you trying to kill her or something?"

"Fucking Max!" Derek screamed from the floor as he got up on his legs. "How many times do I have to tell you to put the damn safety!"

"Aww Maxxy I'm so sorry!" Casandra whispered from where she was standing. Her face was full with fear as she flinched away when I raised my arm to pull her in a hug. 

"Cass. Come here," I said softly. "Look at me," I whispered as I titled her face up to me with my one finger under her chin.

"I'm sorry. I didnt mean to! Honest!" she said scared I was mad at her.

I looked down at her sadly because she actually thought I was going to hit her. That only meant one thing. This strong kick-ass girl, the same girl who was adorable and beautiful, the girl who sobbed her eyes out in front of us, the girl who knew how to make you smile and laugh, the girl who was perfect in all her craziness...

___________________________________________________________________________

Sooooo Please please please tell me what you think! I would greaty appreciate it (: