Chapter Five: Night's end came at last

Hola readers!!! Heres a new chapter and I would like to say thanx for reading!! (: It feels great that this story is doing well! So this chapter is going to be way more emotional and dramatic so get ready!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Max's POV

I looked behind me and there in the back seat lay Derek's motionless body and Casandra was crying and screaming "Derek wake up! Please...Please!" She shaked his shouders to wake him, but it was no use. I didnt know what to think. Lucas sped up and was running stop lights; the crazy son of a bitch almost hit another car.

"Cass, leave him. He wont let go. You know hes a damn good fighter." I looked at her and saw the fear in her eyes. She was completely breaking down at this point. He was getting paler every second. Then the car made an abrupt stop and we were at the ER. Lucas ran inside and before we knew it there were nurses and doctors getting Derek on a gourney and taking him in. I turned to get Casandra so we could go inside, but i didnt see her in the car or even outside. "Luke! Where the hell is Cass?"

"Shit, man I dont know! She was in the car the last I saw." Lucas was searching around the parking lot and then we saw her. She was on the floor near the entrance of the ER and the nurses were over her trying to find a pulse. Oh God, please not her too.

We ran over to her and she looked so vulnerable. They carried her inside on a stretcher and hooked her up to an IV. I asked a doctor what was wrong and he simply said she was in shock, exhausted, and dehydrated.The poor girl had been through so much today, and it was all my fault. I think this was the first time in my life that I had cried for another person. I dont know what's happening to me, but all I know is that I'm going to protect this girl even is it means losing everything.

*****

Lucas's POV

I watched Max slide down the wall in the waiting room and cry silently. Not once have I seen this boy except for when we were like five and he broke his arm. It felt like everything was falling apart in one fucking day. I was so pissed off and I didnt even know why; but I punched the wall with my fist and heard a crack. I stood there waiting for someone to tell me that my best friend and Casandra was ok. Then I started to think, what is Casandra to me? I had known her for about ten hours and I had felt like I had known her my entire life. I had a feeling Max felt the exact same way.

I walked up to the front desk and lost it, "What the hell is going on? We've been here for an hour and we have no fucking clue if they are even alive!"

"Please sir quiet down, you're disturbing others." The front desk lady spoke to me as if she didnt even hear a single word I said.

"Fuck you! Do your damn job and see if they're ok. I dont give a damn if I'm bothering you because my friends could be dying and you dont even care!" I sreamed at her and I didnt even realize that I was crying. Well what do you know, theres a first time for everything. "Please, just check and tell me if they're ok..." I refused to look her in the eyes as I pleaded.

"I'll go see right away." With that she just walked away and returned within a few seconds. "Im so sorry sir, they couldnt do anything to help. He lost too much blood and his heart stopped."

"No this cant be happening! You're kidding right? You have to be joking! He's only fucking seventeen! Do something to help him!" I was begging and crying like a damn girl and then I lost it and fell on my knees sobbing my heart out.

"Im sorry, there was nothing else we could do..."

"Wait, what about the girl? What happened to Casandra?" Please lord tell me that we didnt lose her too.

" Oh no, please tell me your not with here with her too." The lady looked at me with pity in her eyes.

"I am..." I whispered. No!

"Im so so so sorry about this. She had a heart attack and her heart stopped and it was like she just gave up." The lady gave me the news of my two newly dead friends and walked away like nothing fazed her. Heartless bitch.

Not only did I lose my bestfriend, but I lost my brother. Not only did I just meet Casandra, but I lost her joyful self within one day. Maybe it was for the best, at least they would be in Heaven together. I turned around to see Max shaking with sobs rolling off his chest and shouting "Why? Why them?"

It was undeniable that we just lost two people who should be here with us right now, they should be insulting eachother like they were earlier, they should be arguing and making fun of Max for being such a dumbass, they shoud be laughing and joking like we always do, they should be ready to go home and say that everything is going to be ok,  they should be here with us.

They should be alive.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey Everyone! So what do you think? This is most definitely not the end! The truth will all be revealed in the next chapter. Since I also love this story oh so much, I'm just going to upload any time I can! Dont forget to vote or comment thank you! (:

Vote becuase your amazing!!