Chapter Nine: Finally Friday

Casandra's POV

"Hey Casandra." Lucas shouted from down the hallway at school.

"Hey Lucas." I muttered back. The guys have been on my back for the past week. I was so glad it was Friday but then I heard that wretched song by Rebecca Black. That just ruined my entire day.

"Why are you so cranky geez." Max said as he leaned against my locker eating a slice of pizza.

"How can you eat that so early in the morning?" Eating in the morning just grossed me out in general. I was just weird like that.

"Cassy!!!" Julie squealed from behind and tackled me into a hug."So you're coming to my party tonight right?" I sighed. I couldnt say no to this girl. She was my best friend as well.

"I wouldnt miss it babe." I said to her seeing a huge smile spread across her face. She was so easy to please sometimes.

"Awww I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She was jumping up and down in excitement. "By the way you have to bring a date." She said over her shoulder as she walked away.

Just great. "Who's your date then?" I yelled out.

"Max duh!" She skipped down the hall and left me standing there utterly confused. I glared at max wanting to know how he got with Julie.

"What? She asked me and I said sure. It's no big deal calm down." Max brushed this off and started to walk away. "Just take Lucas as your date?"

"Aw I'm sorry Cass. If I knew I would have gone with you but I'm going with Miranda. Sorry chicka." He kissed my forehead and went to class.I stared at Lucas's back as he went to Calculas. It still amazed me that I didnt know the guys were seniors. But Derek was in some of my classes? Wait...you're in advanced classes you nerd! I rubbed my temples due to my rising headache and stupidity.

I just stood there feeling hopeless. I had no idea who I was going to take as my date! Damn you Julie! I love ya but you can be a pain. I thought.

"Sup weirdo."

"Derek could you please not fuck around right now. I'm tired and pissed off!" Gosh this boy had awful timing. We were no exactly getting along because I pushed him away that morning in Max's kitchen and made things pretty awkward. Yet, we didnt fight as much as the first day we met which was a good sign I guess.

"What crawled up your ass and died damn?" He mumbled to himself.

I sighed, "It's just that Julie has this damn party that the whole school is going to but I need a date and everyone is taken!" I huffed clearly frustrated.

"Well just come with me then," he said as though it was obvious. "I'll pick you up at seven." He looked at me intently for a few seconds and waited me for me reply.

"Fine, but it's not like I want to or anything. You're my last choice so dont get all cocky." I warned him.

"Yea yea. Lets get to class or Ms. Davenport will give us a damn lecture on being late" He pulled at my arm making me follow him, sure enough he was right. The bell rang reminding us that we were late to class. "Just so you know, I'm saying this is your fault." he smirked as we walked into class.

"As always...you jerk." I smiled up at him. Remembering our first day all over again.

**************

Derek's POV

I waited outside of Casandra's tiny house. It was already 7:15 but for some reason I expected her to be late.

Her house was small. I mean, freaking tiny! I didnt understand how anyone could fir four people in it. It looked homey though. It was white and blue and had a picket fence around the front yard. I went up and knocked on the door losing patience. A little kid opened it.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked looking bored and annoyed. I could hear shooting from the background, probably from a videogame or something.

"No one. Where's Casandra?" I asked irritated with this kid's face.

"Why should I tell you? You probably would just fuck with her like every other guy." He sounded pissed off as he slammed the door in my face. What the hell was he talking about?

I heard screaming from inside. "ugghhhh, Mark! Who was that?" Casandra groaned.

"Some freak who looked like he was selling drugs." The kid had some fucking issues!

"Whatever. I'l be back later. Tell dad I'll call or something and dont stay up too late either. Dont forget to brush your teeth and if you get hungry there's some food in the fridge. Bye!" She was so motherly and...loving. I never heard her speak so...nice I guess.

"Eww. Dont kiss me you whore! I might get rabies or something." I had to admit the kid was funny. He reminded me of Casandra a bit.

When the door opened my heart did a little flip.Casandra walked out looking damn good. She was wearing a short navy bue dress that was skin tight and was oneshoulder. She had on some silver heels that made her short little self look taller and her long black hair was curled.I never noticed how she didnt even have to wear a ton of makeup to look pretty.

Wait a second Derek, you need to stop checking her out. She's just a...I didnt know what she was to me. I didnt like her at all. Not because of anything in particular. It was just that she was so damn loud and didnt back down. It annoyed me at how she acted so fucking strong but inside she was just this weak little girl. I wanted to at least be friends with her but I couldnt stand her.

What's worse was that I didnt know why...she was just so damn perfect.