Chapter Fourteen: Members

I am in tears...almost haha. I woud just like to say thank you to everyone who stuck by me. I know my chapters are...well they are what they are but THANK YOU for reading, commenting, and voting! It truly makes me smile and motivates me to write way more! (:

Love ya all! (:

-Roxxy

____________________________________________________________________________

Casandra's POV

When I realized what was about to happen I jumped back, nervous the bullet may hit me. Max dropping the gun, Lucas dropping the multiple guns, and Derek falling to the groud had been all my fault. I was scared. I hardly ever got scared. It was like anything that had to do with my family, Julie, and now these three boys made my heart race and my emotions soar.

I flinched involuntarily when I saw Max's hand approaching me, remembering those days with Neil. I looked back up at Max and his eyes were just shouting out that he had been hurt. As he pulled me into a hug I realized how stupid I had been. Peering of his shoulder I saw the entrance open. 

That's when I saw the swarm of freakishly large men, some being boys, come in. I assumed correctly that they were members of the gang. Each one of them seemed to have a black knight tattooed onto their skin or the name 'Black Knight'. They ran in ready to attack, their guns aimed at every part of the warehouse -especially at me. I glared at them, not one in particular, just trying to get my message across. They were like a box of animal crackers. All part of the family, but none too similar to the other. Horrible analogy Cass.

I let go of Max and put my hands on my hips.

"Now who do you think you are?" I yelled as I then jumped onto the center table, avoiding the guns as I stood up on it. "If you so much as put your finger on the trigger I will personally shove your pathetic gun up your ass and then beat you within inches of your life left." I hissed, narrowing my eyes at the group that now was lowering their guns and obediently listening.

"Damn. Please tell us you're the new boss!" shouted a scrawny looking boy from the front of the group. Aw, he's so cute!

"Wait...I have a minor problem here," I said to Derek as he helped me down from the table.

He looked sightly shocked, but still amused. His hair was scruffy from his little nap he took earlier and his eyes were tired. "What would that be?" he asked not letting go of me once I was done.

"There is not a single female specimen in this building besides me," I whispered in his ear not wanting to creat a scene. Too bad it was deadly silent in the room! It was like these guys were trained! I wonder if they'll roll over?

"They're not dogs Cass," he said but then added noticing my shocked expression, "And no you did not say that in your head. Back to your question though, Max counts as half a girl so dont be too upset." He walked to the kitchen area laughing.

"I heard that!" Max boomed from the garage area, where he and Lucas were checking the engines to make sure everything went smoothly.

I turned to the group of members. There were about thirty or fourty of them here. Most would be lookouts and backup, because only about ten of us would be needed to do the job. They were quietly talking amongst themselves until one of them said, "Casandra, are you really the one and only 'Beast'?" It came from the scrawny kid from earlier. I was starting to like this one. He was...manageable.

"Hmm, I dont know. Just dont piss me off or you'll have to find out," I winked at him causing him too blush. He had to be like sixteen or fifteen, so cute! His dirty blonde hair fell into his light brown eyes and surrounded his baby face. He wore dark gray jeans and a blue and gray plaid shirt that was rolled up his arms. He was about five foot eight, so sadly I had no right to call him kid, but I decided that would be his new nickname. "I like you Kid. I think we'll be good friends," I said as I tiptoed to plant a kiss on his cheek causing him to blush once more.

"Aww not far!"

"Why does he get special treatment?"

"Let's kick his ass later on."

"Little punk"

The guys all let out little groans and whined about my new friend. Oh well, I really liked all of them. Anyway, they were my new family.

**************

Derek's POV

When I heard the gun shot my eyes flew open and immediately searched for any signs if intrusion. I saw Max holding onto Casandra as she shook from tears...or fear? Lucas was running his hand through his hair and picking up the gun bag he dropped. The main entrance and garage door flew open as members ran in with guns loaded and ready to fire. I gave them all a stern look.

They stood there perplexed. For criminals who left the dark side and saw the light, they still killed with ease and precision. Each one of them were hand picked by either Lucas, Max, or I. They were good at heart but led down the wrong path. Covered in scars and tattoos they were mean looking, but internally they were just like lost orphans searching for a home. I made this gang not only to get rid of the filthy trash, but to create a home for those who needed one for the right reasons. None of them denied the gang related crimes they had committed, but they all admitted they wanted to do what was right. That was the purpose of the Back Knights. We may do things in a crude manner, but it was for the benefit of others. Max, Lucas, and I had not once taken advantage of any of the drug busts we made. When we made deals go wrong and got the cash, I let the members split it evenly excluding us three. That's how it worked. That's how it would always remain.

I watched as Casandra made her appearance known to the guys and how they immediately took a liking to her. They werent usually the type to easily let people in. When I saw Cass give Cody a kiss I got a little mad. Fuck, shes not yours.

She wasnt anyone's...yet.

"Derek, we need to talk," Max said as he placed his hand on my shoulder, "Now."

____________________________________________________________________

 Bleh, so this is basically a filler chapter. I'm considering deleting it but I just dont know yet. I just wanted to get in Derek's and Max's POVs in and end it so that it will lead onto the next chapie....Please tell me what you think though! Is it a keeper? Hmmmm

I know I know, this is not my best chapter but what do you guys think?

Please vote, comment, or fan if you liked it even a tiny bit! (: