Chapter Eighteen: Shocker

September 16th 2010

Derek's POV

"Uh no one. I dont know what you're talking about. Derek hurry up and bring me something to eat...or I'l call CPS on your ass," she said quickly trying to change the subject.

"Why the f*ck would Child Protective Services come down here?" I asked her with a quizical look. She said the stupidest things at times.

"Oh wow you actually know something. Good for you!" she patted me on my back and smiled cheekily. "Derek I strongly suggest that you get me something to eat or I will bust your head open with my fist," she laughed but for some reason I felt like she was nervous.

"No need to be violent. I'll be back in a sec," I left the room and shortly returned back with some donuts and Pepsi. Just when I walked into the room Cass jumped out from my bed and grabbed the food.

"Damn girl. Calm the f*ck down. There's no need to attack," I laughed but she slapped my arm when she put the food down on my desk.

"A girl's gotta eat," she grinned and took some powered donuts.

"Not as much as you do!"

"Hey! I do not eat that much and you know it," I smiled as she pranced around my room eating happily. I swear sometimes she's like a puppy. So easy to please and so cute...Did I just think that?

I needed to focus. I had a plan and it was time to take some fucking action. I should just go James Bond on her ass so that she just tells me everything. It wont work. Nothing ever does when it comes to her. For some strange reason everything has to go fucking wrong. But I had to try.

"Cassandra, I dont really know how to say this but...we need to talk," I looked into her eyes and found hints of confusion and hesitation.  She simply stood there not making a move. I wondered how this would go, probably down hill but I had to clear the air. Things were getting out of hand and there was just too much going on to let this go.

"Well, don't just stand there you twit. What do you wanna talk about?" she replied casually as if she wasnt weary but I could see it. She was scared to open up.

"So you're British now?" I said rather than asked as I took a seat in my desk chair and turned to her as she sat on my bed.

"Derek, twit is a perfectly acceptable word for any person to say," she said laughing nervously as she started to play with her hands in her lap.

"You know it actually bothered me a bit when you told me we hardly knew eachother,"

She stared at me with her big dark brown eyes and frowned, "I'm sorry. I really am, its just that I wasnt in a good mood and I..."

I cut her off, "Save it Cassandra. I dont really care anymore. We've been through a lot if you think about it."

She smiled at me genuinely and drew herself closer to me, "Derek, we have been through so much in the last month, that its just abmornal for the typical teenager."

"Trust me we are far from normal and there is no fucking way that YOU ever will be," I laughed and she playfully shoved me but let her hand rest on my arm and slowly move down to my own hand. I held her hand in mine and looked at her. She was blushing...Good God is this happening?

"Derek," she said softly. She was close to me. Too close. I could feel her breath in my face and see her edging off my bed.

"Cass," I got closer to her our lips inches away from eachother...

Ring Ring Ring Ring

"For f*ck's sake! You have got to be kidding me," I was pissed. I was this close to...What was I going to do?