Chapter Ten: Too Much To Handle

Casandra's POV

As I walked out my door I saw Derek staring at me. "What? Is there something on my face?" I asked nervously.

"No!" He answered rather quickly. "I just didn't think you would get all dressed up."

"Does it look bad or something? Julie said to dress all fancy and shit." I was confused. I thought I looked fine. It wasn't too flashy or anything I hoped.I tugged at my sparkly navy blue one-shoulder dress to pull it down.

"Nah, you look fine. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me to his sexy yellow mustang.

The drive was pretty quiet except for the ridiculously loud music he had on. I stole a few glances at him but he seemed really tense when we got to Julie's house.

"Are you ok Derek?" I asked softly touching his arm.

He flinched away from me. "I'm fine," he said abruptly. He got out of the car and headed towards the party leaving me slightly hurt.

We entered the front door together and said our hi's to Julie but that was all. For the next two hours I didnt even speak to him. He was ignoring me and I had no fucking clue as to why but I was going to find out.

I spotted Max and Lucas from across the room and went over to them. "Have you seen Derek?" I asked them. They looked at me, unsure of what to say. "Fine! If you guys are going to be a bunch as dicks then I'm leaving! I have no fucking idea why I even thought you were my friends!" I screamed at them probaby causing a scene but I was hurt.

I ran out the front door, tears streaming down my face, until I hit a hard object or person I should say. I looked up and saw Derek.

"What the hell happened?" he asked, frustration all over his face.

"Get the fuck away from me! It's not like you care any way." I pushed him away from me and started walking towards to side of Julie's house. I remember once we were fighting and I ran out of her house and saw a little bench near the side of her porch that was hidden behind the bushes. I sat there thinking about our stupid fight for hours until I went back and talked to her. Now that I think about it, we always sit there whenever things go bad, I just havnt been around lately.

I was sitting on that same bench when I heard footsteps. I look up and see that it's Derek...again.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing. I dont know damn Casandra. Why wont you talk to me?" He said through clenched teeth.

"Why wont I talk to you? Are you fucking kidding me? You were the one who was fucking ignoring me the entire night!! Then the guys wouldnt even help me out! Do you have any idea how that makes me feel? I thought that we were closer than that, but we obviously arent!" I was screaming at him and hitting him on his chests with my fists but it was no use. I was still angry  and I wasnt really sure why.

"I'm sorry. I just needed some time to think, that's all. I told the guys not to tell you because I knew you would go to them." He explained with soft eyes and he lowered my hands down to my sides to prevent me from going insane again. "You know what?"

"What?" I whispered as he lowered his forehead to touch mine.

"I'm tired of trying to find a reason to not like you." He said quietly. I could feel his breath on my face and it felt icy cold. "I realized...that I like you."

"Derek, what do you mean?" I closed my eyes afraid of who knows what.

"I like you but I shouldnt." He struggled to find words. "I want to be with you. God, I want to be able to be with you so bad. But...we can only be friends." His last words hurt more than they should have. I opened my eyes to see that Derek was in pain, emotionaly. He looked like he was struggling to say something or do something but he couldnt make up his mind.

"Well, then we can be friends." I smiled up at him seeing relief but hurt in his eyes. "But on one condition."

He raised his eyebrows at me, "which is?"

"You have to be honest with me Derek. I hate not knowing shit and then having to go through a bunch of worst circumstances in my head!" I said exasperated.

He chuckled lightly and smiled his sexy crooked smile. "That's fine with me."

He intertwined our hands together and we sat there for who knows how long, happy that we finally had some peace.

******

I woke up the next morning on a super comfy bed that definetly was too big to be my own. I jerked up and found Derek laying beside me asleep. What the hell happened last night?

"Derek you big fat sleepy head!" I screamed into his ears hoping he would wake up and stop snoring like a damn bear.

"Ugh. Shut up Cass." He groaned into his pillow and then pulled me into his side, causing me to blush because he had no shirt on. I managed to pull out of his grasp but fell on the floor with a thud.

I looked down at me and saw that I still had on my dress, so luckily nothing happened. I dont think I drank either but I didnt remember anything other than the conversation between Derek and me.

"Dont worry you just fell asleep and my house was closer than yours. I called your mom too and she said it was fine as long as I didnt rape you." He laughed to himself as he got out of hid bed.

"Why dont you have clothes on?" I yelled as I through my hands over my face to cover my eyes. "And why didnt you just put me in the guest room geez!"

"I always sleep in boxers and you were the one that wouldnt let go of me last night anyway. You were like a big damn baby."

"Shut up you asshole!" I was so embarressed and petrified but then I remembered that I talk in my sleep sometimes. Hopefully I didnt say anything too idiotic or Derek just didnt hear.

"Oh really? Well I thought you called me sexy last night?" He smirked at me like he just won a fucking prize.

I threw a pillow at him and stomped out of his room to the guest bathroom and washed up. I hated wearing his dress so I went to ask Derek for a shirt to borrow. As I got in his room I found a disgustingly attractive bitch on top of him, on his bed, it had only been like fifteen minutes!

"What the hell is going on?" I asked calmly not wanting to seem like a possessive child.

"Nothing. This skank thought she could just walk in here and think I would want to get back with her." He said as he pushed the girl off of him. She fell to the floor and glared at both of us.

"So now what? You're going after little girls? Wow, I was wrong about you." She said in her ugly high pitched voice. Annoying prick. I thought to myself.

"Just leave Nicole. It was one kiss and I was freaking drunk. It didnt mean shit," Derek was being harsh.

"Hmph. Suit yourself you stupid child molester." She said as she walked away from him and towards me. "And you; stay away from him you ugly fat bitch." She shoved her finger into my chest and pushed me aside and I just snapped.

I grabbed her hair and yanked her to the floor. I got on top of her and started punching her in her face screaming things I would never say in public, which isnt a lot but still. I could see blood coming from her nose and mouth but didnt stop because she said the unspeakable, "No one will ever want you."

The last time someone said that to me, he laid unconscious.

_______________________________________________________________________-

I did hint that Cass was strong...had a temper...impulsive...lol

Hmmm. I dont know how I feel about this chapter but please tell me what you think! and vote or comment if you can (: I would greatly appreciate it.

So if you noticed I accidently put in "Austin" instead of "Derek" once or twice, and I am an utter idiot! I am currently writing another story and I have both plots stuck in my tiny brain with no room to jugle the two! Sorry! I promise it wont happen again! If so, please tell me!