Chapter Seven: Time will tell

Oh My GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got 100 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You everyone who has been following along and reading "Could it be true?". Its been rough but I know that everything is going to turn out great! Excuse my grammar mistakes because I dont have an editor and I sometimes miss it. Sorry! But I hope you all enjoy this chapter and the rest (:

Love- Roxxy

________________________________________________________________________________

Casandra's POV

After I had calmed down slightly and the boys were situated around Derek with their eyes puffy from tears, Doctor whatever his face walked into the room looking perplexed and in shock. I didnt understand what was going on but all I knew was that Derek wasnt awake...he wasnt alive. My mind was spinning and my heart was aching.

Then something struck me; Max said he was told Derek and I were dead. I clearly was not thankfully and seeing as how Derek was still hooked up to machines he couldnt be dead either...I hoped.

"What's going on?" I asked quietly scared because I didnt want to know, but then again I had to know the truth because it was killing me inside not knowing. Damn everything for being so complicated.

"Well, Derek in is a coma." Doctor Freeman said casually. "I know this is devastating but I have never seen people be so hurt like this before. There is a huge chance that he will gain consciousness soon."

"Oh my God. Thank You. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!" I jumped up and down and hugged the chubby little doctor, finally noticing his funny features.I then turned to the boys, "Geez! You guys seriously gave me a minor heart attack there. You were so convincing. Dont you dare lie to me ever again!" I was up in their faces at this point angry that they lied and happy that it was a lie at the same time.

"We didnt fucking lie!" Max roared. "That damn lady up front told you really did have a heart attack and that you both died! You have no fucking idea how we felt!" Max was going hysteric. He was just as mad as I was and I could tell that he was telling the truth.

"Seriously Casandra we would never joke about something like this...never." Lucas was scary as he spoke this. He looked murderous and it was probably because he and Max went through so much thinking me and Derek had died.

"Im sorry. Its just that this has been so much that its unbelievable." I stared at them and saw just how stressed and tired they were. "So much has happened today and I feel like its all my fault. If I hadnt come over none of this would have happened." I said wihile tears flowed from my eyes once more. I couldnt take this pain of not knowing if Derek was going to wake up.

"Shut the fuck up Casandra." I did not expect Lucas to ever yell at me like this. He continued, "None of this is anyone's fault! Whatever has happened is in the past now, we just have to move on and be glad we're all ok." He then looked at Derek wearily, probably wondering if he was going to ever be with us again.

"Come on Cass, lets just let him rest. When he's ready, he'll come back to us." Max had hopeful eyes as he looked between Lucas and me for assurance.

"Alright, let's go." Lucas hopped off the bed Derek was laying on. "See you later man." Lucas said to Derek who remained unconscious.

***

That night I couldnt sleep at all, but it was basically morning anyway. We left the hospital at around 3 in the morning and I just spent the night at Max's house with him and Lucas; waiting for a call from the hospital.

It was heart wrenching that all this coud happen to Derek, he did not deserve any of this. None of us did.

I looked at the clock and it was already four so I just got up. I sat up, hugging my knees, and stared out the window into the night. I felt so useless and depressed. My mind kept wandering back to Derek no matter how hard I tried to think about something else.

I eventually fell alsleep, thinking of nothing else but what we would do if we lost him.

***

I woke up at 8 and called my dad.

"Morning Daddy. I dont think I'm going to school today." I said softy into the phone not wanting to push the discusion any further.

"Why the hell not? I know you're we werent at home last night, but your education is important!"

"Whatever Dad, you never cared if I skipped before. Plus, my friend is in the hospital so I want to be there."

"Oh sweety Im sorry I didnt know. Well, just be careful and stay strong. Everything will be ok. God has a funny way of dealing with things." He laughed.

"I love you Daddy." I cried silently so he wouldnt worry. I missed my dad so much sometimes. 

"And I love you from heaven to earth and forever more, my little sunshine." I couldnt bare it anymore and I broke down. I hung up the phone and rocked back and forth on the ground.

***

Max and Lucas were aguing about God knows what when I walked into the kitchen. As soon as they noticed my presence they became quiet and just stared at me.

"Geez, if you dont want me to hear just say so." I grabbed a gronola bar and went to Max's living room. His house wasnt as fancy as Derek's but damn it was gorgeous.

As I acknowleged the many features of the living room, Lucas pulled me into a hug from behind me.

"Whats up?" He asked as he rested his chin on my head. He acted so kind to me and as if there were no barriers around us. He was like another big brother to me but the much more levelheaded one compared to Max.

"What were you and Max talking about in the kitchen?" I wanted to know and dammit I wanted to know right now. Nothing could piss me off more than secrets.

"Damn chicka, you get straight to it dont you?" Lucas smirked at me. Damn him and his sexy Spanish face.

"Just tell me or I'll through cats at you!" I had no idea what I was talking about but I knew for sure that I was losing my mind. "Wat it about Derek?" I asked and he flinched. Score one for Cass!!

"Dont worry about it alright. It was just some business we have to deal with." Lucas tried to avoid eyecontact with me but it was no use because I jumped onto him  and wrapped my arms around him hoping he wouldnt drop me. "Ugh, Cass you're gonna give me a boner. Get off!" Shocked I let go dropping to the floor with a thud.

"Urgg I think I just broke a but bone! Goodness gracious Lucas tell me the truth!" I did not have the patience to deal with this as my mind was worrying about Derek.

"Well, I think its best if Derek tells you." Lucas said with a gorgeous smile across his face.

"Dont be an idiot! Derek isnt even here!" I yelled in frustration.

"Are you so sure about that?" A deep voice said from behind me.

__________________________________________________________________

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My head is spinning!!

I mistakeny put down that Casandra was 15 in the intro. She IS 16! Sorry about that. (this is for my past readers who saw the unedited version of the intro)

Vote because you're gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I admit it, this chapter isnt great but lets just see whats in store for the next!