Chapter 28

I look round the room at all the candles that are lit, placed about everywhere in the room. A bouquet of white roses sit in the middle of the dressing table with white rose petals scattered over it. White rose petals are also scattered across the bed and on the floor.

I look down at Joe and gasp as the sight of him down on one knee looking nervous.

“Joe…” I start.

“Chelsea Louise Anderson…mother of my children…my one true love…will you marry me?” He asks before opening the Tiffany&Co. box to reveal an engagement ring.

I stand looking down at him in shock. After a few, silent, passing moments, I find my words. “Yes,” I manage to whisper.

A smile grows on his face before I walk forward a little. He takes the ring out the box and puts the empty box on the floor next to him. He taked my left hand in his and I smile down at him before he slides the ring onto my finger.

“You were always suppose to be the only girl I was to ask to marry and call my fiancée.”

“But when people ask me about you…I can’t call you my fiancé.”

“What are you talking about?” He asks, looking confused.

I kneel down in front of him and take both of his hands in mine, trying to hold back my tears of happiness. “I should be calling you the father of my children.”

“I already-”

I shake my head. “No…the father to my unborn child…”

Joe’s POV

I know what she’s talking about but I have to act stupid because she doesn’t know that I know.

“Are you…?” I start, trying to sound shocked.

She nods. “I’m pregnant again.”

“Seriously?”

She nods again. “You’re going to be a dad again.”

I smile before taking her in my arms and kissing the side of her head. She finally told me and that has made me an even happier man.

Normal POV

We must have been on the floor for a while because my knees were now starting to hurt.

“Joe, can we sit on the bed because my knees are sore.” I ask.

“Oh, sorry.” He lets me go.

He stands up first and helps me to my feet. I turn round and sit down on the bed, looking up at Joe as he stands before me with a smile still on his face.

“Come sit with me.” I tell him. He sits down next to me and I take his hand in mine. “Are you ever going to say something? I mean, you are going to be a dad again and you’ll be here from the beginning.”

“I’m happy…more than happy actually.” He stops and looks at me. “I feel as if my life is finally falling into place.”

“Aww, Joe…”

“The girl I love has just agreed to marry me and she is pregnant again with my third child. The only thing missing from this, is our daughters.”

“I know and we’ll find them and get them back. We just can’t ever give up hope.”

“I know.”

I smile before looking at the time on his watch. “I think we should get some sleep.”

He nods before letting go of my hand and standing up to get ready for bed. I reach over the side of the bed and grab my bag. I open it and pull out my pyjama shorts and a vest top before walking into the bathroom to get changed. I close the door and start to get changed.

I walk out the bathroom ten minutes later, changed and make-up free for bed. I put my clothes and shoes down on top of my bag before sitting on the bed. I look over at Joe who is sitting on the couch playing about with his phone.

“Still no news?” I ask.

“Nope,” he replies as he sits his phone down on the arm of the couch. He stands up, walks over to the bed, and sits down next to me. “Do you like your ring?”

“I do, thank you.”

I look down at the ring and smile. It’s a cushion-cut diamond shaped like a square and has diamonds leading down onto the band.

“Good because you are worth every penny,” he says softly before kissing the side of my head.

“Is it like Kim’s?” I ask quietly. I had to ask, there was no dodging the question.

“What? NO! What I spent on your ring, doesn’t even compare to what I paid for hers. I paid a lot less for hers than I did for yours. You are worth every penny I paid for this ring.”

“Okay.”

“Chelsea…”

“I believe you.”

“Chelsea, look at me.” I turn and look at him. “When I proposed to Kim, I never wanted to do it. You were always in the back of my head when I did things with her. I wished so hard that you would come back into my life and you have. I’m never going to let you go ever again.”

I reach for his face and pull him close to me. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I kiss him and he turns slightly to put his hands on my waist. He rises a little so he’s kneeling on the bed and pulls me up to him, pinning me to his body. I feel him deepen the kiss and before I know it, I’m on my back on the bed with Joe hovering above me. He breaks the kiss and trails his fingers along the waistline of my shorts.

“I’ll only do this if it’s safe to do so with the baby…” He says as he looks down at me.

“It’s safe.”

He smiles before bending down to kiss me again. I rest my hands on his shoulders as he starts to pull my top up a little. He pulls away and plants kisses down my neck, along my collarbone, down my chest, down the material of my vest and stops at my stomach.

“I love you, baby Hart.” He whispers to my stomach before kissing it.

I smile before he slides my top up higher. This is what we should have had from the start.