Chapter 12

4 months later (December)

Normal POV

It didn’t take long for Joe to get the new house he bought for me. The keys were handed over to him very quickly and before I knew it, I had moved into the house. Our secret relationship had now lasted just under five months and still, no one knew.

I sit up in my bed and stretch my arms out. I look out the bedroom window at the snow that was starting to fall. I stand up and walk over to the window to see if the snow had started lay on the fry ground – luckily, it wasn't.

A black 4x4 coming along the driveway, caught my attention and I smile because I know it's Joe. I walk away from the window and quickly get changed.

I walk down the stairs five minutes later and take the security alarm off and unlock the front door. I open the door as Joe approaches it. A smile crosses his lips when he sees me and I lean against the door until he stands in front of me.

“Hi,” he smiles before I reach out for him and he kisses me.

We pull apart and I smile before letting him in and closing the door over. He takes his black winter jacket off and puts it over a chair that was by the patio doors leading out to the back garden. He turns back to me and takes my hand in his.

“Your hands are cold,” I moan, trying to pull my hand back.

“No, you’re hands will heat mine up,” he groans witha smile, pulling me into his arms.

“Joe, don’t. Your hands are cold!” I shout as he lifts my top up at the back and places his hands on my warm skin.

I arch my back which causes me to push myself closer to his body. He smiles again and leans down to kiss me. I smile against his lips before he rests his forehead on mine.

“I can think of one way that I can get warmed up,” he smirks with his eyes closed.

“Oh, can you now?”

“Mhmm, and it involves you…your warm bed…and us having no…”

I laugh before he can finish and push myself away from him. I take his hand in mine and we run up the stairs towards my bedroom.

----

I lay in bed with my head resting on Joe’s chest as he watches the snow fall outside.

“If it gets any worse, you’ll have me as a roommate till I can get my car out.” He laugh.

“That wouldn’t be a bad thing,” I comment, drawing shapes across his torso.

“It really wouldn’t,” he agrees

I smile and close my eyes.

I hadn’t had my eyes closed for more than a few seconds before I felt Joe tense up beneath me. I open my eyes again and look up at his face. “What’s wrong?"

“I think there’s someone out there.”

“What?” I sit up and hold the single white sheet to my chest.

“I’ll go and check,” he mutters, getting up and starting to put his clothes back on.

“Joe, don’t…” I beg.

“I’ll be back soon”

I watch him walk out the bedroom before I start to get ready. There goes any privacy I once had.

----

I walk down the stairs and put my boots, jacket and scarf on before walking out the house after Joe. The snow had started to lay and it was probably no more than a few inches deep now. If Joe left now, he'd managed to get back to his home he shares with Kim. But I doubt he'd want to do that.

I walk down the driveway and look at Joe as he stands behind a tree. I walk over to him and look at what he's looking at.

“Who are they?” I ask.

“Someone’s clearly told them that I’ve been seeing someone else behind Kim’s back,” he answers in a low tone.

“But who else knows apart from us?”

“No one.”

“Well, you can hide if you want to but I want to run about in the snow,” I sigh, walking away from him.

“You do that.”

I stop walking and look back at him. He really needs to lighten up. I bend down and make a snowball with my bare hands before throwing it at his head.

He turns his head instantly to look at me before. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. He shakes his head at me before leaving the tree he was hiding behind and came running after me. I laugh as he comes after me and grabs me by my waist, spinning me round on the spot.

He puts me down and I turn in his hold to face him. He holds me firmly in his arms and kisses me as the snow falls around us but what we didn’t realise, was that the paparazzi could see us and everything we were doing.

----

I sit down in front of the warm fireplace as Joe stands out in the hall talking to Kim. I hear him end the phone call and look up at him as he comes back into the living room.

“She said she doesn’t want me to danger myself by driving out in the snow,” he tells me, sitting down in front of me.

“And neither would I.”

He smiles. “Nice to know that you really care about me.”

“Of course I care about you, Joe.”

“Really? Then why haven’t you told me that you love me? I’ve told you many times and you’ve yet to say it to me.”

That's true, I haven't told him how I feel about him yet. A part of me already knows that he knows that I love him but if he wants me to say it, I'll say it.

I sigh before crawling over and sitting in between his legs. I put his hands on my waist as I put mine on his shoulders.

“Joseph Hart," I start.

"Yes?"

"I love you.”

“Love you too.”

I bend down and kiss him as he holds me close to his body before falling onto his back with me on top of him. We pull apart laughing as I look into his eyes. “You’re perfect.”

“I’m not perfect.”

“To me, you are.”

He smiles again before kissing me. His hands begin to pull my top up and they rest one my bare skin. I support my weight above him by putting my hands on the floor but he keeps me pinned to his body. He began to deepen the kiss and I allow him to do so.

Next day

I wake up the next morning in bed and notice that Joe wasn’t lying next to me. I look out the window and saw that it was still snowing - had it even stopped since yesterday?

I get the bed and get ready. I put on my jeans, vest top and a thick jumper to get some kind of warmth in me. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen, only to see Joe sitting at the breakfast table looking at things on his iPad.

“You were up early,” I comment, getting myself a drink from the fridge.

“I’m not…you’re just up later.”

I nod before joining him at the table. I look at his laptop that's lying by his side on the table. “Any news?”

“Not checked and I don’t think I want to check.”

“Okay.”

I get up and start walking out the kitchen to go into the living room to sit.

I walk into the living room and sit down on one of the couches before reaching over for my laptop that was on the coffee table. I turn it on and go straigh onto the internet to see what's making the headlines – other than the weather.

I go onto the Daily Mail website and my eyes widen at the main showbiz hedline that I knew would end up happening.