Chapter 18

Joe’s POV

As I drive home, all I can think about was the fact that I have two daughters. I'm father. I have two daughters that I didn't even know existed till minutes ago. And the best thing I can take out of this mess, if you can call it a mess, is that they're with the girl I still truly love.

I walk into the house and lock the front door before walking into the kitchen. I sit at the table and look down at the picture of my daughters. From what I can see, it was a party of some sort and they were having fun. Chelsea held them in her arms and the three of them were smiling. I smile and lightly trace the edge of the picture with my finger.

I feel a tear slip down the side of my face as I hear footsteps come closer. I wipe away the tear and put the picture face down on the table.

“Hey, what are you doing still up?” Kim asks me.

“I just got in,” I tell her as she rests her hands on my shoulders.

“Oh…”

“You know what, I think I’ll go and have a shower before getting ready for bed.” I say, standing up.

“Okay. I’ll just get a drink and be up soon.”

I nod before walking out the room and making my way up the stairs. Halfway up the stairs, I realise that I had left the picture on the table but continue walking up the stairs. She won't take notice of it. Or, I hope she doesn't at least.

Kim’s POV

I walk over to the fridge and take out a bottle of water before looking back at the table. I look down the hall to see if Joe was there before walking back over to the table. I reach for the picture and turn it over.

My eyes widen with shock as I grip the picture tightly. What the hell was he doing with a picture of that slut?

I hear Joe come back down the stairs and put the picture back to the way I found it and look at him as he comes back into the kitchen.

“I thought you were going for a shower?” I ask him.

“I am. I just forgot my phone,” he answers, reaching over for his phone that lay on the table.

I watch him carefully as he smiles at me before walking back out. Does he seriously think I’m that thick that I don’t know what’s going on?

Normal POV

Our night out was great – no worries, just fun.

I get out my car at work and start to walk across the car park towards the building.

“Hi, Chelsea!” I hear a woman say.

I stop walking and look round before my eyes fall on the blonde woman walking towards me. What the hell does she want?

“What makes you think that you could get away with having contact with Joe in secret again?” Kim asks as she walks towards me.

“Kim, I have no idea what you are talking about. Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to be late for work.”

“No, you’re not walking away from me!” She shouts.

“Tough because I am!” I shout back as I turn back round to walk away.

“You can’t stop him from seeing his daughters you know!”

I stop dead and tense up before turning and looking at her. “What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb with me. I know he fathered your children and I have the proof.”

She reaches into her jacket pocket and takes a photo out before walking over and standing in front of me. She unfolds the photo and turns it to me so I can see it. My eyes widen as soon as I see it.

“Where did you get that from?” I ask, my voice on the low quivering side.

“You know, only one of them really looks like Joe. Are you sure they’re both his?” Kim says.

“Yes, they’re his!" I snao. "Now tell me where the hell you got that photo from."

“Where do you think? Joe had it when he came home last night. Quite stupid of him actually. Just left it lying around the house for anyone to see.” She answers.

“Kim, I will tell you this in the nicest way I can. Both you and Joe will stay the hell away from my daughters.”

“That will be quite hard considering the fact that they are his children and he has a right to see them.”

“Stay away from them or else.”

“Or else what? You can’t do anything! He can pay good lawyers to get them girls off you.”

“I have told you twice now - STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTERS!”

I grab the photo out her hand and walk into my work.