Chapter 32

Normal POV

I don’t know where to look. I try my hardest to peel my eyes away from the body that's on the floor covered in blood.

“Ryan, what have you done?” I shakily ask as I cover my eyes with my hands.

“Oh, come on now. You’ve seen horror films…you know this is what happens in them.”

“This is not funny!”

“It is from where I’m standing.”

For all I can’t see him, I know he's smirking at me. “This isn’t a fucking game!”

“You sure about that?”

I hear a loud bang down the stairs and turn round to face the hall. “What was that?” I ask quietly.

“Clearly…” He starts before I run out the door.

I run over to the staircase while I can still see it. I start to run down the stairs as fast as I can but I misplace my footing and end up falling down them. As I come to a stop at the bottom, I not able to get up in time before I fall through the floor and into what must be the basement of the house.

I start coughing and look up to where I fell from. Footsteps come down the stairs and I move as quickly as I can so Ryan can’t see me.

I walk further into the dark basement and bang into something. I step back, take my phone out of my pocket, turn it on, and shine it onto what I banged into. I scream and scatter back as I just walked into someone’s lifeless body that is left to hang.

I take the light away from the body and hold it to my chest as I try to get my breathing back to normal.

Movement from behind me, has me turning on the spot and moving the light to the direction it came from. I spot a small strand of blonde hair behind what looks like an old bookcase and step closer to it.

“Katelyn…?” I whisper as I step closer.

The blonde hair moves a little so the girl could look at me.

“Mummy?” The little girl say.

“Oh my God, Katelyn!” I sigh before rushing over and taking her in my arms. I hold her close to me as she cries into my shoulder. “Katelyn, where’s your sister? Where’s Amiee?” I question as I pull back to look at her.

“I…I don’t know…he…” She mutters through her tears.

“Did Ryan take her?” I asks simply. She nods. “Do you know where?” She shakes her head. “Okay, come on. We need to find her and get out of here.”

Joe’s POV

I stand by my car outside the bank, with the rest of the team, as we wait on James and Gareth to come out the building. Five minutes later, they come out and put the money in the boot of my car like the others did.

“Thank you, guys. All of you,” I say as I close the boot over.

“How much is that all together?” Gareth asks.

“I’m still £1,000 short but Chelsea has that stashed away in her house for the twins.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to the police? This is really a matter for them."

“I can’t because then he’ll know I went to them. Anyway, thank you so much for this. I’ll pay you all back as soon as I can,” I say quickly before getting into my car.

“We know you will.”

I smile and close the door over before starting the car and driving off.

When I arrive back at Chelsea’s house, I run into it to get the money she had in the safe. I type in the combination and open it. Nothing. I let a groan of both anger and disappointment escape my lips as I fall to the ground.

Worry starts to come over me. I haven’t got the full £800k and I only have one hour left to get it. I stand up and slam the safe shut before running back out to my car.

I open the boot and take off my watch and place it at the bottom of one of the bags of money as I know it’s worth over £1,000. I close it over and get in the car. I sit for a few seconds and my phone goes off. I look down at it on the passenger seat and answer it.

“Hello?”

“Joseph, I hope you have all my money.” Ryan says from the other end.

“I do.”

“Well, that was quick!”

“Where will I meet you?”

“Don’t you want to meet and have a drink first?”

“Why would I want to have a drink with the guy that’s kidnapped my daughters?”

“Good point. Okay, here’s where I want you to go to.”

I listen carefully to the address he is giving me and end the call. I start the car and begin to drive to the address.